Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So I finally finished the Shadow of Revan exp....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So I finally finished the Shadow of Revan exp....

Kyrrant
01.26.2015 , 11:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
It's the same story on pub side to right? I can ignore everything after I get to the "class quest"?
Yes and no.

Its weirdly handled. The quests are all the same, and the same general things happen, but the cinematics are all different, characters say different things, even when copy/pasting would seem reasonable.

I'd do it fully once Republic side, if only to see how... subtly different things can be.

Also, those Yavin dailies are great.
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)

ImmortalLowlife
01.26.2015 , 03:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrrant View Post
Yes and no.

Its weirdly handled. The quests are all the same, and the same general things happen, but the cinematics are all different, characters say different things, even when copy/pasting would seem reasonable.

I'd do it fully once Republic side, if only to see how... subtly different things can be.

Also, those Yavin dailies are great.
Hmmmm, well I guess I'll go thru the pub side eventually lol. No big rush tho.....
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

DomiSotto
01.26.2015 , 05:29 PM | #13
After 3 runs through the story, my interpretation is:

Revan the Man is a Sith, who was preserved in stasis by the Emperor. Under Force Torture, Revan the Man expelled the Jedi part of him that became a Spirit/Force Ghost, that proceeded to function independently. Revan the Ghost took along the better part of Revan the Man faculties, particularly the ones that were responsible for common sense, good judgment and humility. Revan the Man was left with one thing: vengeance on the Emperor. He is a very simple creature.

Now, what happened in the end when Revan’s the Ghost merged with Revan the Man, who knows, but chances are he’ll be back in the next expansion to be our Force Guide.
Deal.

Motovator
01.26.2015 , 05:31 PM | #14
As much as I have always loved (or use to love) Revan's character I was really hoping to put the man down once and for all. The ending of this xpacs story was just a "huh?" moment and not very epic at all imo. I would have been happy if they had him just go out similar to how
Spoiler
but instead...
Spoiler

That being said though I like both of the new planets and am enjoying the new FPs and Ops.
Harbinger
Click here for my friend referral

rashadk
01.27.2015 , 07:46 AM | #15
Yeah, the storyline was pretty contrived. Unfortunately I didn't get to experience a proper revelation of it since some cretin spoiled it in General chat on Yavin IV. Even with the story issue though, I thought execution was not bad. My beef with the expansion is on other things like depth and quantity of content.
"She clings to hope. That perhaps she can train one as great as her first. The Lord Revan had the galaxy at his feet, could have made it strong, and he surrendered it to weakness. Like you, Revan touched power and turned away. The chance to heal this fractured galaxy, and he turned away." -Darth Sion

Leaveshill
01.27.2015 , 08:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by rashadk View Post
Yeah, the storyline was pretty contrived. Unfortunately I didn't get to experience a proper revelation of it since some cretin spoiled it in General chat on Yavin IV. Even with the story issue though, I thought execution was not bad. My beef with the expansion is on other things like depth and quantity of content.
-Never be taken by suprise. Hide your general-chat while doing quests.
*I learned this when some idiots talked about Zash(I was level 12) and then suddenly one of them said "Lol, Khem traps her inside of him!". People like that can't behave, just hide your chat whenever you're doing story-related quests and you should(hopefully) not experience it again.

But yeah, the expansion seems a bit rushed. Not really that impressive, I find ROTHC more interesting to be honest. At least it seemed more finished.

DomiSotto
01.27.2015 , 04:57 PM | #17
Funny thing is, despite rolling my eyes at Revan, I truly enjoyed the expansion.

I loved the side characters, I loved Rishi and its BG1’ish, classic feel, and above all…

I loved the care BioWARE took this time around to make it easier on a solo new player by providing competitive gear and abundance of crafting materials for Grade 11 (unlike Grade 9).

It is far, far easier to be a new L60 character than it was to be a new L55.
Deal.

dcaleb
01.27.2015 , 07:07 PM | #18
Revan had a magical schism that split his spirit in half, when his body died at the Foundry his light half tried to move on and his dark half used what I strongly suspect is Darth Sion's technique to keep his corpse going fueled by hatred. When the two halves reunite as a seamless whole Revan's hate is no longer strong enough to sustain Sion's technique and his body ceases functioning.