Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beginner Questions

Sharard
12.27.2011 , 12:34 AM | #11
Any one know where to get better heals. i found a seller that does buffs but not higher stimpacks.
Crossing fingers and toes the wait has been worth it.

Kenickie
12.27.2011 , 12:38 AM | #12
Nevermindů I had it on the right thread...

I chose a PVP server because I thought that would best suit my playing needs. I don't want to easily be a target of a higher level character, but no non-NPC player can attack me unless I agree to fight, correct? I figure at some point PVP might be enjoyable, but not always. Is mostly everyone on PVP servers? Also, are there certain servers that you would suggest I use? The server I started up in seemed slightly barren (I don't recall the name). Then again, the game is less than a week old and it was past midnight on a Tuesday morning EST. I just want to be sure I'm starting out in the best place possible so I'm not regretting it later on.

Asgorim
12.27.2011 , 12:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

I chose a PVP server because I thought that would best suit my playing needs. I don't want to easily be a target of a higher level character, but no non-NPC player can attack me unless I agree to fight, correct?
I'm afraid not. Once you leave a safezone, you'll be automaticly flagged for pvp and they can have their way with you, wheter you agree to or not (on PVP server)

but, to my experience you wont see much of the opposing side untill your lvl 25 or so.. and rarely at best even still (well, on Ahto City -server atleast).. but you can start the "battlegrounds" (sory for the lack of proper terminology) at lvl 10 if you choose to.

as for server choise... i'm tempted to suggest some med-high populated server but the login ques can be anything from 5 mins to several hours on "popular" ones... (high peak times like friday evening and weekends)

Kenickie
12.27.2011 , 01:03 AM | #14
Is it better I just play on PvE then? Is it less fun? Do you suggest PvP?

Asgorim
12.27.2011 , 01:07 AM | #15
Is it better I just play on PvE then? Is it less fun? Do you suggest PvP?
only if you want to choose when and where you PVP... Personally, i've allways chosen PVP servers when available on the last... oh, lets say 15+ MMO's

Shammus
12.27.2011 , 01:10 AM | #16

I chose a PVP server because I thought that would best suit my playing needs. I don't want to easily be a target of a higher level character, but no non-NPC player can attack me unless I agree to fight, correct? I figure at some point PVP might be enjoyable, but not always. Is mostly everyone on PVP servers? Also, are there certain servers that you would suggest I use? The server I started up in seemed slightly barren (I don't recall the name). Then again, the game is less than a week old and it was past midnight on a Tuesday morning EST. I just want to be sure I'm starting out in the best place possible so I'm not regretting it later on.
you couldn't even see pvp until Nar Shadaa
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

Kenickie
12.27.2011 , 01:14 AM | #17
Ok great, thanks everyone!! Bed time for me. Work for 8 hours, then home to play this game and understand the world of The Old Republic!