Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rare Mats Vendor Suggestion.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Rare Mats Vendor Suggestion.

Bloq
12.27.2011 , 12:06 AM | #1
How about a single vendor that sells the rare mats for all craft professions?

This would accomplish several things:

1) Provide an option for a stable source for rare mats.
2) If the mats are sold for credits rather than commendations this has at least 2 side benefits:
2a) Fixed price for material to stabilize economy and avoid inflation.
2b) Guaranteed money sink. (see above)
3) Take the frustration out of attempting to get the item through missions.

I've played a lot of MMOs over the years some more successful than others and one that stands out in my mind is Istaria (Formerly Horizons) In the game they had a system such as the one above where there was one vendor for the entire world located in the capital city that you could buy the special rare mats for crafting item if you had more money than time... Naturally the vendor sold the mats at fairly elevated levels but it was always there if you needed just one more unit of say Spider Silk to craft the last piece of your new armor set.

Of course you could go out and hunt the mats down yourself for free but this often required quite a bit of time investment.

You didn't have to use the vendor of course but it was a nice option to have. You could sell your excess mats and undercut the vendor by a wide margin and still make a tidy profit too.

Just a thought.

Divona
12.27.2011 , 12:49 AM | #2
Nope not going to happen. Reason we have many crew skills that are there for only 1 reason - getting rare mats for crafting.

Biggest problem is not materials except at 400 when you need that one blue crafting mat for all. We cant craft anything great currently. All you can do is craft those green schemes and hoping to successful RE. Ive seen so few schemes drops for high level that my crafting mats (rare ones) just sitting in vault and cant use them.