Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For Developers (read it please)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
For Developers (read it please)

Tamernator
12.26.2011 , 10:20 PM | #1
Hello to all and im sorry for my bad English, i hope you will understand what i mean. Lately many people crying on forums (this is op.... that is op).
You might think majority of people are not satisfied but its not true , people who are satisfied with PVP system are majority , its just they dont open new threads saying, PVP is so good . People that are satisfied are just busy with playing the game and not opening new threads . We always hear people who cry but we do not hear people that are okey with game becuz they have no reason to write here about how game nice is the game.

What i want to say to Devs, dont lissen those people who wine, they will wine anyway no matter what you change , dont make game easier please . If you gonna lissen to those crying people they wont thank you, at the end they will say "game became too boring" becuz they asked for easy mdoe and you made it for them. thats how they will thank you.

People who likes PVP and wants it even more hardcore ARE MAJORITY , and we are mroe than crying ones. Dont make SWTOR another WOW please, becuz if you make it like WOW then you will los, and WOW will win , only chance to beat WOW is to be more original , to come up with something new and different.

Im not saying that PVP is perfect i nthis game , and its not about balance etc. Im asking to not make from this game easy mode WOW. Make it more hardcore, give us reason to visit Illum, to PVP for something that have value.We want challenge between guilds, and not just to win, but to win something valuable.
Dont make the best gear easy to get, becuz people will get all in 1 month and there will be nothing in the game to strive for , and game will become boring like WOW did.

Thank you for reading.

StargateSGC
12.26.2011 , 10:35 PM | #2
wll there are some legitimate complaints, i personally enjoy all the warzones and ive seen my share of sith while questing. my biggest issue i think is the fact that a) getting stuck with a bunch of level 10s when im level 33 in pvp is just annoying, b) getting thrown into a match when its nearly over (win or lose) is just silly despite whether or not it yeilds the same rewards.

Not all the whine is the minority, just more then 3/4s the population likely dont look at these forums but that dont mean their complaints arent legitimate alot can be improved

Tamernator
12.26.2011 , 10:48 PM | #3
Im not saying all complaints are not legitimate. Complaints that you are saying its ok , i mean complaints like: He is OP, this spell is OP , expertise does not make me RAMBO or superman , please make me use i button and im in instance.

Im afraid that Devs will lissen to the noobs who complain about some class saying its OP while issue is in him self, and need to learn to play.
But most of all im afraid that Devs will lissen to minority of guys who ask for easy mode like give us more poitns for BG, or complaining about how hard is to get something valuable. Those complaints lead to simplify of the game and making it easy mdoe like WOW. If all is easy then there is no challenge.
Look at WOW, no matter how bad you play, you have the same gear like the best playing players from arena.

Tamernator
12.26.2011 , 11:39 PM | #4
bump bump

Nerfhammer
12.27.2011 , 12:15 AM | #5
i agree that gear should take awhile to get and that is fine, but having it be random is ridiculous. why should joe nobody who pvp's once a week and gets the daily done get lucky and get the best pvp weapon while somebody who pvp's all the time and does really well ends up with 4 pairs of pants 6 implants and thats it. Dont make it easy just dont make it random.

also pvp is NOT balanced. and telling devs to ignore issues is a stupid idea. I like pvp in SW, but there are alot of things still wrong with it

Tamernator
12.27.2011 , 12:34 AM | #6
Im not saying it must be random, i say that the best PVP gear must be in open world bosses, and not lucky ones will get it but the strongest ones. There actually will be reason for guilds to fight over

Aghar
12.27.2011 , 12:36 AM | #7
Hardcore pvp in these games are always in the minorty, sad but true fact, check your stats before making claims that are obviously untrue.