Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

They are sort of "afraid" of releasing future slot machines

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
They are sort of "afraid" of releasing future slot machines

theSCARAYone
01.23.2015 , 11:22 PM | #1
Hi guys. I was the one that sent this to Dulfy and it was probably worded poorly. BW is getting crap for something I said. They didn't exactly say this, I just thought that "afraid" would be the easiest way to explain it. It's more like that they are going to be putting more time and thought into balance future slot machines and any other cartel market items that may have a possible effect on the economy.

I apologize to the community and to Bioware for saying this.

Edit: The "controversy created by the community" part was all me. But realistically, it's true.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

Devrius
01.23.2015 , 11:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by theSCARAYone View Post
Hi guys. I was the one that sent this to Dulfy and it was probably worded poorly. BW is getting crap for something I said. They didn't exactly say this, I just thought that "afraid" would be the easiest way to explain it. It's more like that they are going to be putting more time and thought into balance future slot machines and any other cartel market items that may have a possible effect on the economy.

I apologize to the community and to Bioware for saying this.
The afraid part is not the problem, the problem is the part where they blame us for the undocumented nerf and it staying.

Keeping in mind of course that the nerf is contrary to what Eric said and what was released in the patch notes, basically a stealth nerf (or what was a bug for all we knew) is going to stay in-game because of community backlash, not because they F-up royally, which is the real reason.

theSCARAYone
01.23.2015 , 11:29 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
The afraid part is not the problem, the problem is the part where they blame us for the undocumented nerf and it staying.

Keeping in mind of course that the nerf is contrary to what Eric said and what was released in the patch notes, basically a stealth nerf (or what was a bug for all we knew) is going to stay in-game because of community backlash, not because they F-up royally, which is the real reason.
They did say that not including every change to the slot machine was a screw up and they apologized to me and the group of people around for it, and that extends to the rest of the community as well.

btmart
01.23.2015 , 11:31 PM | #4
So they are being cautious. Wise, and understandable. However, BW: don't freak out, as haters are gonna hate either side, as you've seen in the last few days. Pretty much you knew this was going to come no matter which way it was handled. I shouldn't be surprised that more crybaby's came out after it was nerfed. I personally would rather it not have been nerfed, but really don't want to listen to the crying. I'd suggest some due diligence and balance both sides for now, then come up with a fail-proof plan for redeployment. That thread TZ posted about gaming economy was brilliant, and should be considered.

That or remove it from the game all together. We were fine before this, and we will be fine after it's gone if it will shut people up.

(ex- theforce.net forum manager speaking, so I feel your pain)

Devrius
01.23.2015 , 11:36 PM | #5
They did say that not including every change to the slot machine was a screw up and they apologized to me and the group of people around for it, and that extends to the rest of the community as well.
Hum, then they should have released an official statement with this, long ago and way before we got this info second hand.

RiVaN_
01.23.2015 , 11:38 PM | #6
Hum, then they should have released an official statement with this, long ago and way before we got this info second hand.
100% agree.
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

DurdensWrath
01.24.2015 , 12:04 AM | #7
Yeah, pretty cowardly the way they've handled this.

Quote:
Did they bother to explain why their changes went further than what they'd proposed?

Was it A) They wanted people to feel relaxed and not play nonstop till patch b) It was last minute and not throught through at all?

Because I suspect A.

theSCARAYone
01.24.2015 , 12:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DurdensWrath View Post
Yeah, pretty cowardly the way they've handled this.

Did they bother to explain why their changes went further than what they'd proposed?

Was it A) They wanted people to feel relaxed and not play nonstop till patch b) It was last minute and not throught through at all?

Because I suspect A.
They told me that it unbalanced the economy and made crew skills essentially worthless,which they did not want.

DurdensWrath
01.24.2015 , 12:23 AM | #9
They told me that it unbalanced the economy and made crew skills essentially worthless,which they did not want.
Doesn't explain the nerf to the cartel certificates.

Even when they're sorry they F it up. I'm having to find out from YOU that they're sorry.

They'd better damn well have a nice long winded post about this. And we should have had it first.

theSCARAYone
01.24.2015 , 12:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DurdensWrath View Post
Doesn't explain the nerf to the cartel certificates.

Even when they're sorry they F it up. I'm having to find out from YOU that they're sorry.

They'd better damn well have a nice long winded post about this. And we should have had it first.
I asked about this to and they didn't really give me a straight answer. Mostly an apology.