Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many side quests should I do?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How many side quests should I do?

Sverent
12.26.2011 , 03:39 PM | #1
Up until now I have been doing pretty much all of the side quests (except ones I just don't feel like doing or ones my character "wouldn't do") but I really want to progress with my main story.

How many side quests do i need to do to keep up with leveling and not get caught in a situation where mobs are 2-3 levels higher than me?

Just finished Alderaan and heading to Taris.
CE VIP | Watch the weather change... | Take comfort knowing that when things turn for the worst, all will perish under the reign of a dark star.

Yeochins
12.26.2011 , 07:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sverent View Post
Up until now I have been doing pretty much all of the side quests (except ones I just don't feel like doing or ones my character "wouldn't do") but I really want to progress with my main story.

How many side quests do i need to do to keep up with leveling and not get caught in a situation where mobs are 2-3 levels higher than me?

Just finished Alderaan and heading to Taris.
All of them. When you get into the 40's the enemies become much harder. Having a level advantage makes the higher levelled planets much easier and quicker to deal with. Otherwise it will cost you quite a bit of time to progress through your 40's.

Tugglife
12.26.2011 , 10:22 PM | #3
I don't do any. What I've been doing is playing warzones and doing space combat until i'm a few levels about the recommended start level for a particular planet. Once I meet that criteria I begin the main class storyline.

This is just my preferred play style though since I personally don't get into the side quests too much.

SithZigg
12.27.2011 , 12:09 AM | #4
As many as you want. It is as simple as that.
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!

Hi_Im_A_Sith
12.27.2011 , 12:12 AM | #5
I've been doing all of them and I'm usually about 3 levels above the recommended starting levels for planet. Just started Tat at 28 (now 29).