Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Contraband Slot Machine

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
01.16.2015 , 09:41 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

We know that there have been many questions about the Contraband Slot Machine and its intent. Here are a few notes on it:
  • The Contraband Slot Machine is not bugged.
  • It is 100% not an exploit to use the Slot Machine.
  • If you feel the desire to sell access to your Stronghold, that’s totally up to you. As a reminder, do not scam people as that is against ToS.
  • We added the Slot Machine as a fun idea based on the positive feedback from the Nightlife event, so spend those credits to your heart’s content!
With that being said, we do hear the concern from many of you around the effects of the Jawa Junk’s drop rate on the economy. We are going to take a look at it and make changes accordingly. I will let you know once I know more. In the meantime, have fun!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

captpickles
01.16.2015 , 09:43 AM | #2
Thanks! Sounds like I need to buy up my grade 11's before the removed from the junk vendor..

/first!/

TUXs
01.16.2015 , 09:43 AM | #3
Good to know Eric, thank you for taking the time to address this ridiculous concern.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Jerba
01.16.2015 , 09:43 AM | #4
Thanks for the confirmation! Just as expected. Gonna go back to playing the slots before the drop rates get nerfed.

The-Kaitou-Kid
01.16.2015 , 09:45 AM | #5
Good to know. My friend will be happy at least. He could care less about the Jawa Junk and what not, he's been hoping for a way to get the Contraband Resale Corp. rep items for ages so when he heard about this he went and spent a ton to try and max his rep out. xD

Could understand the drop rates being rebalanced, I'm just glad the slot machines will be staying. Was so disappointed the Smuggler's Gambit ones didn't work at all so these ones are awesome for actually working.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Darth_Wicked
01.16.2015 , 09:46 AM | #6
Settled.

Djiini
01.16.2015 , 09:47 AM | #7
THANK you!

Alec_Fortescue
01.16.2015 , 09:48 AM | #8
LOL Scamming is not against TOS and not even taken action against! Please get more information, Eric.. You won't take any action against scammers. I had my guildship stolen and it ended with cs threatening to ban my account if i will keep asking for help in the matter, despite having record and pictures of the entire situation.

Trades committed with items / things which cannot be traded inside the trade window (guilds, ships, referal links, cartel coins etc.) are not supported and not being helped with!

I am aware of a certain person promising LARGE (800k) amount of creds for clicking his referal. Once somebody clicks, they are ignored and CS will do nothing because it's not in their authority to to punish scammers and recompensate cheated players.

LyraineAlei
01.16.2015 , 09:48 AM | #9
Thanks for the confirmation. Have a good rest of your day.

Loki_
01.16.2015 , 09:48 AM | #10
Its amazing that cartel market items get such a fast response when concerns are raised and yet there are pages of threads in the operations forum and many bugs issues being reported at it just gets outright ignored.