Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Revan vs Vitiate(possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Revan vs Vitiate(possible spoilers)

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
01.14.2015 , 04:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dcaleb View Post
I really don't, and I'm not sure why exactly that is. I actually told him to stop ************ on my Republic play through after he got back and was all pissed about lana letting him get captured.
I can understand where you come from.

As I stated in an earlier thread, he rubs me the wrong way throughout SoR as well, unlike Lana and Jakarro who grew on me.

While Lana may or not admit she was in error by betraying a potential friend, she did what was necessary, in the heat of the moment. Theron, being a spy, should understand that BETTER than anyone. Instead of moving on however, he continues to -- not so subtly -- press the subject, regardless of what is at stake: survival, something even that grotesque alien beast by the name of Jakarro understands.

In other words, while Lana and Jakarro grow as characters, Theron remains in limbo, in addition to whatever mother issues he may still have. What a waste of a character.

Kyrrant's Avatar


Kyrrant
01.14.2015 , 05:00 PM | #22
Dude was set up, abducted by the enemy, tortured and came rather close to getting killed, because this Sith b- woman decided they needed to get a trojan horse into the enemy's midst so they could learn more intel without thinking to warn him about it, and she hides this from their other allies until he calls her on it.

I think he's entitled to blow off some steam at her. I get why she did it, and SO DOES THERON by the end of Rishi, and he doesn't seem to bear any ill will towards Lana once they hit Yavin, one way or another. He certainly doesn't bring it up again.

As for why he's in the Revan fight? Why not? Why keep a good shot whose had time to recover from the torture and is clever enough to look for potential problems on the bench?

Maybe its a litle cheesy, but he has as much a reason to be there as Jekarro does.

It does annoy me how little they do with him, but that's mostly because there was potential for a lot more. He and Satele hardly interact, him and Revan even less... there was opportunity for a lot of potential stuff to happen that was just ignored.

Still, I doubt Bioware's done with the quartet. It's a good mix of personalities that would serve well with future smaller scale, cross faction content.
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
01.14.2015 , 05:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrrant View Post
I think he's entitled to blow off some steam at her. I get why she did it, and SO DOES THERON by the end of Rishi, and he doesn't seem to bear any ill will towards Lana once they hit Yavin, one way or another. He certainly doesn't bring it up again.
His later behavior on Yavin 4, both Empire- and Republic-side, is a result of what happened on Rishi however, as seen here and here.

Kyrrant's Avatar


Kyrrant
01.14.2015 , 05:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
His later behavior on Yavin 4, both Empire- and Republic-side, is a result of what happened on Rishi however, as seen here and here.
Firstly, both sides offer the whole "reprogram the devices to spy on the enemy" thing.

The only other time I recall distrust on Theron's part was when the Empire unilaterally said "Dealing with the Emperor's guard is an Imperial matter, we'll handle it, stay out of our way". YMMV on if that was a legit reaction or not, but it certainly wasn't a sign of trust on the Imperial's part.

As the PC can bring up later, if Marr and Beliko trusted the Shans/PC, they would've let it be a joint mission... and Marr's response is pretty much a growled threat.

Theron's attitude in those scenes isn't a direct result of what happened on Rishi. Its the same thing that caused Lana to want to spy on the Republic: Distrust and suspicion of the other side because of the last, oh, 50+ years of staring down a hated enemy.

It's to set up the solo option for the Revan fight: There's a lot of ugliness that both sides need to work past in order to work together here.

There should have been more development here, sure, but Theron doesn't seem to bear any animosity towards Lana after Rishi. He just distrusts the Empire, just as much as she distrusts the Republic.
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
01.14.2015 , 05:27 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrrant View Post
* snip *
I disagree.

Satele even has to urge him to keep his cool in one of those cutscenes, as seen here.

In other words, Lana retains her composure throughout the ENTIRE exchange, while Theron, still bitter over what went down on Rishi, lashes out -- repeatedly.

EDIT:

BTW:
Quote:
Firstly, both sides offer the whole "reprogram the devices to spy on the enemy" thing.
I don't understand. The links I provide don't even focus on this?

Kyrrant's Avatar


Kyrrant
01.14.2015 , 05:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I disagree.

Satele even has to urge him to keep his cool in one of those cutscenes, as seen here.

In other words, Lana retains her composure throughout the ENTIRE exchange, while Theron, still bitter over what went down on Rishi, lashes out -- repeatedly.
Call it a hunch? But I think he's more angry at the Republic soldiers who died because the Imperials didn't share critical intelligence.

Some people, huh?
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
01.14.2015 , 05:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrrant View Post
Call it a hunch? But I think he's more angry at the Republic soldiers who died because the Imperials didn't share critical intelligence.

Some people, huh?
There's a difference between being angry due to that fact -- which is logical -- and taking every opportunity to take a jab at Lana, presumably for what happened down on Rishi.

Again, there's a reason Satele urges Theron to "compose [himself]".

Kyrrant's Avatar


Kyrrant
01.14.2015 , 05:37 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
There's a difference between being angry due to that fact -- which is logical -- and taking every opportunity to take a jab at Lana, presumably for what happened down on Rishi.

Again, there's a reason Satele urges Theron to "compose [himself]".
Yes: Because she's a Jedi, and thus the sort that would urge that those she's depending on should be calm (also, she's her mother, so one could argue that she's very much mothering him), and because the alliance is needed, everyone needs to stay calm, focused and interested in collaboration.

You know, what Lana doesn't do when she suggests spying on the Republic.

There might be some anger from what happened on Rishi, but that doesn't excuse Lana's side of it either. Its just anger over the war coloring everything.
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
01.14.2015 , 05:41 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrrant View Post
Yes: Because she's a Jedi, and thus the sort that would urge that those she's depending on should be calm (also, she's her mother, so one could argue that she's very much mothering him), and because the alliance is needed, everyone needs to stay calm, focused and interested in collaboration.
Yeah, the part she refers to him as "agent" or "my agent" sounds very mothering.

Quote:
You know, what Lana doesn't do when she suggests spying on the Republic.
Theron also suggests spying on the Empire. Call it a draw?

Quote:
There might be some anger from what happened on Rishi, but that doesn't excuse Lana's side of it either. Its just anger over the war coloring everything.
Mind you, I'm not excusing her but I can understand where she's coming from; Theron on the other hand, not so much. It sucks to be in his position, but again, heat of the moment / split-second decision kind of thing.

He should understand it better than anyone, one would think.

Kyrrant's Avatar


Kyrrant
01.14.2015 , 05:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Yeah, the part she refers to him as "agent" or "my agent" sounds very mothering.
She almost certainly says that in order to explicitly distance him from her in her mind, a deliberate action in order to push herself away.

But she's still a human being, and as disconnected from him as she wants to be, she'll still want the best for him, and stopping him from being overly emotional is very much Jedi mothering.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Theron also suggests spying on the Empire. Call it a draw?
That's basically my point: Both sides are acting dirty here because there's little trust. An external threat can only bridge the gap so much.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Mind you, I'm not excusing her but I can understand where she's coming from; Theron on the other hand, not so much. It sucks to be in his position, but again, heat of the moment / split-second decision kind of thing.

He should understand it better than anyone, one would think.
Not to bring caps into this or anything but HE WAS (apparently) BETRAYED BY HIS CLOSEST ALLY AND TORTURED. Dude's allowed to take his time coming off the angst.
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)