Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ravagers Exploit Action Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ravagers Exploit Action Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
01.13.2015 , 09:56 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Let’s talk a bit about the Ravager’s exploit. There are two stages to the process of removing an exploit and handling actions for players who participated. Stage 1 – fix the issue and ensure players can no longer partake in the exploit. That change is out as of today in patch 3.0.2.

Stage 2 – With the exploit removed, we can work towards finalizing our data review and assigning appropriate actions. We have a lot of information! We know who used it, who they invited, how many times they exploited, when they participated, credits gained, and whether they gained a crafting pattern from reverse-engineering. We are still reviewing the data and determining the appropriate action for those who took undue advantage of the exploit. We won’t be taking action today, but we’ll wrap it up in the next week or so.

On the plus side, most players didn't partake in the exploit at all allowing us to focus on the few who did. It may seem silly to thank you for not using an exploit, but we really appreciate you taking the time to raise our awareness of the issue through a variety of channels. It demonstrates your commitment to the game and to keeping the game fun, and fair for everyone. So thank you for not using the exploit.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Suromir
01.13.2015 , 09:59 AM | #2
Good to hear. Frankly you should outright ban the worst offenders. And if you really have all that data then there's no reason you can't take each and every bit of a reward those that did use it got.

Darth_Wicked
01.13.2015 , 10:01 AM | #3
That noose... lovely.

TheSeventhJedi
01.13.2015 , 10:03 AM | #4
Mmmm... tears of the banned...
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

emeraldon
01.13.2015 , 10:04 AM | #5
Thanks a lot for the update. I hope you deal with the most severe exploiters in a proper way.

(If someone tries to argue that it's bioware's fault.. just, don't.)
Stroke my Wookie - Darth Malgus

OddballEasyEight
01.13.2015 , 10:07 AM | #6
My guess is that they'll simply rollback the credits/schematics gained on the "normal" offenders and maby slap a one week ban on the worst.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Nothematic
01.13.2015 , 10:08 AM | #7
I appreciate the action, but I have to say I find it somewhat disheartening that you evidently didn't go to nearly as thorough depths for abuse of the ranked seasons system. Blatant win trading, people /stucking and throwing games and all kinds of that stuff went completely ignored.

Heck, you could look at the ranked leaderboard right now and see who blatantly win traded just by who has the minimum required rating for the highest tier, and yet they had no action taken against them whatsoever.
Coastas - 70 Marauder | Confidential - 70 Operative
[DARTH MALGUS]

Alec_Fortescue
01.13.2015 , 10:08 AM | #8
Please let me drown in the tears of banned exploiters. please, please, stop being so lenient like you've been in the last 3 years.

Telanis
01.13.2015 , 10:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
We are still reviewing the data and determining the appropriate action for those who took undue advantage of the exploit.
So anyone who took advantage of it, but not *too* much advantage, is in the clear? Classy. Once again the honest folks are encouraged to join in the next exploit that rolls around so that they aren't the only ones who get nothing.

bluecheesebandit
01.13.2015 , 10:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
We have a lot of information! We know who used it, who they invited, how many times they exploited, when they participated, credits gained, and whether they gained a crafting pattern from reverse-engineering.

-eric
Hoooookay Santa.