Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Artificing and lightsaber

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Artificing and lightsaber

Cyanotek's Avatar


Cyanotek
12.26.2011 , 10:40 AM | #1
My main character is an assassin with Artificer/Arch/Treasure. I have Athiss Twinblade (dual bladed LS) and was wondering if there is any reason to upgrade the weapon if I am able to keep upgrading the hilt, enhancement, mod and crystal?

Kheldras's Avatar


Kheldras
12.26.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2
Only if you find a look that you like better, or want some Expertise on your Saber, for a PvP one.
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

Cyanotek's Avatar


Cyanotek
12.26.2011 , 10:46 AM | #3
Makes sense. As far as looks go, dualbladed sabers all look the same to me lol.

Celticprince's Avatar


Celticprince
12.26.2011 , 08:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyanotek View Post
My main character is an assassin with Artificer/Arch/Treasure. I have Athiss Twinblade (dual bladed LS) and was wondering if there is any reason to upgrade the weapon if I am able to keep upgrading the hilt, enhancement, mod and crystal?
other then the base stats on the lightsaber with out mods there is not much reason to change it. some higher lvl sabers will have better base statistics on them before you start sloting mods in them, but the difrennce is so small most of the time its kinda moot.
$20 Poorer for refrencing Deus Ex. Ohh and I sank the platform. I'm just that mean.
Crushing Fist Of Spite is now recruiting. http://www.swtor.com/guilds/25947/crushing-fist-spite

Korialstrazs's Avatar


Korialstrazs
12.26.2011 , 08:54 PM | #5
There are no base stats on orange items, stop spreading misinformation.
"I've yet to face anything I can't overcome"

Celticprince's Avatar


Celticprince
12.26.2011 , 08:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
There are no base stats on orange items, stop spreading misinformation.
actualy yes there is, they have a base minimum and maximum damage. unless they changed it over night which they have not. go look at the orange lightsabers on balmora then go look at a lvl 50 orange light saber, diffrent base damage.
$20 Poorer for refrencing Deus Ex. Ohh and I sank the platform. I'm just that mean.
Crushing Fist Of Spite is now recruiting. http://www.swtor.com/guilds/25947/crushing-fist-spite

Korialstrazs's Avatar


Korialstrazs
12.26.2011 , 08:57 PM | #7
Damage is based on the hilt.
"I've yet to face anything I can't overcome"

TaishoD's Avatar


TaishoD
12.26.2011 , 09:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Celticprince View Post
actualy yes there is, they have a base minimum and maximum damage. unless they changed it over night which they have not. go look at the orange lightsabers on balmora then go look at a lvl 50 orange light saber, diffrent base damage.
There are some orange items that sold with mods , enhancements, etc whatever on them. That's the source of the base min and max damage you're talking about. Orange items on their own do not have stats.
Server : Jekk'Jekk Tarr
Arithon - Shadow Consular
Leica - Gunslinger Smuggler

TheRealBoz's Avatar


TheRealBoz
12.26.2011 , 09:28 PM | #9
I can craft empty level 39 orange armor. It has better base armor (by about 6) than the one I have from Hammer.
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!

Darkside's Avatar


Darkside
12.26.2011 , 09:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TaishoD View Post
There are some orange items that sold with mods , enhancements, etc whatever on them. That's the source of the base min and max damage you're talking about. Orange items on their own do not have stats.
Sorry, but you are wrong. Get any orange saber and take out all of the mod items, THEN examine the saber. You will see the base damage stats for that saber.
[]==============O==============[]

DARKSIDE

[]==============O==============[]