Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A plea to the devs for a better community

DragoVaughn
12.26.2011 , 06:35 PM | #1
PLEASE let us be able to go back into hard flashpoints and operations more than once a week. Just lock us on loot only. This is so frustrating trying to help guild members and having people left out cause we have 2 over the full amount or other various reasons. Loot lock not door lock please!

DragoVaughn
12.26.2011 , 07:22 PM | #2
nobody agrees with this? I think it's ridiculous that mmos at this point still use this archaic system of locking doors not loot. Came from DCUO and it was really nice to be able to run stuff more than once for guild members to have a chance to get loot that didn't run with main groups, the leftovers are left out T.T

Kelticfury
12.26.2011 , 08:04 PM | #3
I think its a non issue at best and destructive to the game experience of the people you think need your help.

This content is fine to run without some high level with an overblown sense of heroism running through the missions taking all the fun and sense of accomplishment out of every kill or story.

No thanks dude, I like it the way it is.

DragoVaughn
12.26.2011 , 08:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
I think its a non issue at best and destructive to the game experience of the people you think need your help.

This content is fine to run without some high level with an overblown sense of heroism running through the missions taking all the fun and sense of accomplishment out of every kill or story.

No thanks dude, I like it the way it is.
Uh, did you not read what I wrote? Say you have 12 members in your guild at 50 for operations, 8 run through, the other 4 are left out and we can't get them through at the moment cause we don't have more 50s, how is this high level powerleveling?

Kelticfury
12.26.2011 , 08:29 PM | #5
ahh I misread that. you are talking about the small party limit?

Virheilm
12.26.2011 , 08:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
ahh I misread that. you are talking about the small party limit?
I believe he is talking about the fact that level fifties can only run one operation per week due to the lockout. If you have twelve members that are level fifty and only eight of them can run per week, it prevents the other four from running with the rest of the guild.

I personally think it's not an issue right now anyways; the lockout is meant to prevent people from getting BIS-gear in a couple of days. The game started less than a week ago, I think that people just need to be patient.

DragoVaughn
12.26.2011 , 08:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Virheilm View Post
I believe he is talking about the fact that level fifties can only run one operation per week due to the lockout.
Yeah, it's the fact we can't help out the leftovers in our guild run it after one group goes through all 8 of them are now locked for the week and the leftover members, if there isn't another 8, get shafted and feel bad since they weren't in the other group.

In dcuo we would run raids 2 or 3 times again for other members that weren't part of static groups due to varying availabilities. Members that already ran it once that week were just loot locked, which is the way all mmos should go so they can promote helping guildies. Like I said before, this system is archaic. Even lotro stopped doing that.

OldRepublicRevan
12.26.2011 , 10:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DragoVaughn View Post
PLEASE let us be able to go back into hard flashpoints and operations more than once a week. Just lock us on loot only. This is so frustrating trying to help guild members and having people left out cause we have 2 over the full amount or other various reasons. Loot lock not door lock please!
Don't flash points reset every day instead of every week?

Mikesglory
12.26.2011 , 11:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DragoVaughn View Post
Yeah, it's the fact we can't help out the leftovers in our guild run it after one group goes through all 8 of them are now locked for the week and the leftover members, if there isn't another 8, get shafted and feel bad since they weren't in the other group.

In dcuo we would run raids 2 or 3 times again for other members that weren't part of static groups due to varying availabilities. Members that already ran it once that week were just loot locked, which is the way all mmos should go so they can promote helping guildies. Like I said before, this system is archaic. Even lotro stopped doing that.
You gear up way too fast if you dont have a weekly lockout, it forces every serious raid guild to run each raid 32+ times every week which is just way too much burnout.

Player 1 + 15 lootlocked players
Player 1's main alt + 15 lootlocked players
Player 2 + 15 lootlocked players
Player 2s main alt + 15 lootlocked players
Player 3 + 15 lootlocked players
Player 3s main alt + 15 lootlocked players

etc etc...

It just gives vastly too much gear in too short a time if you implement the method you are suggesting.

Mograth
12.26.2011 , 11:11 PM | #10
Loot lock is a good option for this kind of scenario, I agree. SWTOR already favors a lot smaller guilds due to 8 player limits, so this would be the next logical step =)

At some of the other people here: ***, did you even read what he said?
I wish I could be a Jawa Bounty Hunter