Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ability delay and the wearing thin of patience

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability delay and the wearing thin of patience
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

devincor's Avatar


devincor
01.02.2015 , 02:21 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
Actually, yes I do. I play on two servers, Shadowlands and BC. I have all sorts of lag on Shadowlands and almost none on BC using the same PC, ISP, etc. That's pretty good proof the problem isn't identical across servers. Hence, saying people need to tell the devs what server, etc. when they complain.
Well, my friends and I play on BC and we encounter the lag/ability delay on a consistent basis across numerous planets (my lowest is on DK and highest is on Yavin) and flashpoint instances since 3.0 went live. We are in different parts of the country experiencing lag at the same time (grouped and solo).


Patience: A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue.
The secret to Patience is doing something else in the meanwhile.

I know they will get around to fixing it, just hope it is sooner rather than later.

Skizzik's Avatar


Skizzik
01.02.2015 , 06:05 AM | #72
I stopped playing a few months after launch due to Bioware's lack of acknowledgement of the ability delay (they refused to admit that ability delay was a thing at the time) and the general unresponsiveness of the game. I just came back a few weeks ago because I love star wars and I did enjoy the game when it actually worked the way it was suppose to. Since I've been back, I have experienced nothing but lag. The game will hang for a few seconds and then it will all eventually catch up like it's going in fast forward. The ability delay is still there as well. Hit a button, wait a second, the ability goes off.

You know what they say, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I should have known better.
Blazers and Lasers
Skizzell Blazer (Member) "Dirt Dog is not the one to be F'in' with."
Site | Suit Up
| Stream

Tannatra's Avatar


Tannatra
01.02.2015 , 07:58 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
I stopped playing a few months after launch due to Bioware's lack of acknowledgement of the ability delay (they refused to admit that ability delay was a thing at the time) and the general unresponsiveness of the game. I just came back a few weeks ago because I love star wars and I did enjoy the game when it actually worked the was it was suppose to. Since I've been back, I have experienced nothing but lag. The game will hang for a few seconds and then it will all eventually catch up like it's going in fast forward. The ability delay is still there as well. Hit a button, wait a second, the ability goes off.

You know what they say, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I should have known better.
lol no its not "still there" it "came back" you effectively missed the 2 years ( not counting the month or so after hutt cartel) where it was practically for all intents and purposes GONE.

LOLRoscoe's Avatar


LOLRoscoe
01.02.2015 , 08:25 AM | #74
I too was a little niave in believing the issue would be resolved in a more timely manner.

I agree that issues such as this have had a negative impact on the returning player base in relation to the expansion, and have seen the activity within my guild decline as a result.

I truly hope BW are able to amend this issue to some degree in the near future.
The Red Eclipse - EU PVE
Aren'na - Sith Juggernaut

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
01.02.2015 , 09:06 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
THEIR BEING ON HOLIDAYS FOR CHRISTMAS DOESN'T EXCUSE THEIR LACK OF COMMUNICATION!


actually it does. not everyone trolls MMO fourms when they're on holidays. some people like to spend time with their family.
You know who spends 2 weeks with their family over the holidays? Kids. Who the hell else spends 2+ weeks with their family?!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
01.02.2015 , 09:17 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You know who spends 2 weeks with their family over the holidays? Kids. Who the hell else spends 2+ weeks with their family?!
^ This.

I'm not sure why the holidays, lrn2 coding, etc. are even being discussed. Negligent planning is sticking it's big dumb head up, again. It's not Christmas... it's Groundhog Day (ba dum tss).

enigmacypher's Avatar


enigmacypher
01.02.2015 , 02:13 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by devincor View Post
Well, my friends and I play on BC and we encounter the lag/ability delay on a consistent basis across numerous planets (my lowest is on DK and highest is on Yavin) and flashpoint instances since 3.0 went live. We are in different parts of the country experiencing lag at the same time (grouped and solo).


Patience: A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue.
The secret to Patience is doing something else in the meanwhile.

I know they will get around to fixing it, just hope it is sooner rather than later.
I can see your point BUT have serious issue with the idea of paying for my sub for a month after paying for an expansion that in effect made the game painful to even play..

They refuse to admit there is an issue and why?? because they might have to reimburse players in some way for this past month during which the game has been borderline borked and then have the people at BW seemingly decide a couple weeks on holidays for them will make it all better.

I didn't like the changes to the talent/skill trees but I could live with it, it didn't kill me once I got use to it though I did feel it was the lazy way out of a troubling situation..

But the lag and broken crap in the game with the implementation after SoR is insane and add insult to injury they don't bother even trying to fix it for 2 weeks "for their holidays".. I worked EVERY holiday for 22 years because the world doesn't stop for holidays ..

They have taken to also ignoring customers and FAIL to read (or at least fail to comprehend) petitions and/or complaints .. frankly it is a sad state of affairs and makes me think they are just trying to milk the last dredges out of the game before closing it down

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
01.02.2015 , 02:35 PM | #78 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
First off, Happy New Years everyone! I apologize if you feel a lack of communication around this issue. Unfortunately, I haven't provided much since I do not have a status update as of yet.

Here is what I can tell you. We definitely have not forgotten about this and the team is still assessing what the cause is, and how we can begin to address it. What I am going to do is to work with the team to get a status update with as much detail as I can, by next Friday (although hopefully before then!).

Thank you again for your continued patience. We know that dealing with these issues isn't the best experience and we will get them addressed as soon as we can!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
01.02.2015 , 02:39 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
First off, Happy New Years everyone! I apologize if you feel a lack of communication around this issue. Unfortunately, I haven't provided much since I do not have a status update as of yet.

Here is what I can tell you. We definitely have not forgotten about this and the team is still assessing what the cause is, and how we can begin to address it. What I am going to do is to work with the team to get a status update with as much detail as I can, by next Friday (although hopefully before then!).

Thank you again for your continued patience. We know that dealing with these issues isn't the best experience and we will get them addressed as soon as we can!

-eric
Thank you. I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family and friends.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
01.02.2015 , 02:40 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
First off, Happy New Years everyone! I apologize if you feel a lack of communication around this issue. Unfortunately, I haven't provided much since I do not have a status update as of yet.

Here is what I can tell you. We definitely have not forgotten about this and the team is still assessing what the cause is, and how we can begin to address it. What I am going to do is to work with the team to get a status update with as much detail as I can, by next Friday (although hopefully before then!).

Thank you again for your continued patience. We know that dealing with these issues isn't the best experience and we will get them addressed as soon as we can!

-eric
Thanks for the update Eric - even telling us nothing is better than silence.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)