Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the new bolster bug really a bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is the new bolster bug really a bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

durhame
01.02.2015 , 09:26 AM | #11
It was never mentioned in the patch notes about space affecting pvp = bug.
Common sense is not so common these days.
Taco'h'unter, Dirka-Dirka, G'angnamstyle, M'one'abrams, &
Quesa'rito of the Taco-Bell Legacy

Tellenn
01.02.2015 , 09:44 AM | #12
Its a bug anyone thinking otherwise are either braindead or biofail apologists.
Makabe 55 Sage~Sondaica 55 Shadow~Velosa 55 Guard~Kambai 55 Sent~Arcker 55 Sling~Zemisor 3X Mando
Ankus 55 Sorc~Janas 55 Sin~Aminos 55 Jug~Xaninos 3X Mara~Kastius 55 PT~Yunoss 55 Op
Telen Legacy::The Red Eclipse

EricMusco
01.02.2015 , 10:04 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by KALELSAB View Post
The bug I am referring to is the bolster bug dealing with the ship parts. Did the Devs rebalance our classes with this bug in place or without? I ask in part because of the new damage levels that are out there. They are higher than pre 3.0. Sometimes really high and not as balanced as would be expected. Is part of that balance higher HP from the bolster issue?

Did the Devs intend for us to have that high of HP? Did they adjust the damage accordingly? And if they "fix" the bolster issue and reduce our HP, will that make the classes even more unbalanced?
Hey Kalelsab!

What you are referring to is that when you have PvE Ship parts equipped, you will find that bolster is granting you additional Power and Endurance. As you have likely guessed, this is definitely a bug. We are working on a fix for it internally and as soon as I have timing around a fix being implemented I will let you know!

I will make sure that our forum moderators are not removing threads about this topic since similar to "naked bolster," we are not considering it an exploit. Again I will let you know timing to fix this bug as soon as I have it!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

howieloader
01.02.2015 , 10:08 AM | #14
Loool
Deván - Vánér - Lochlánn - Xévan
R.I.P. Jung Ma
Quote: Originally Posted by McgeeYT View Post
um...... what defense moves does a jedi knight sentinel even have.... how can i change my class? sentinals mostly just attack not much defense and stuff

FourPawnBenoni
01.02.2015 , 10:11 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Kalelsab!

What you are referring to is that when you have PvE Ship parts equipped, you will find that bolster is granting you additional Power and Endurance. As you have likely guessed, this is definitely a bug. We are working on a fix for it internally and as soon as I have timing around a fix being implemented I will let you know!

I will make sure that our forum moderators are not removing threads about this topic since similar to "naked bolster," we are not considering it an exploit. Again I will let you know timing to fix this bug as soon as I have it!

-eric
Thank you for the acknowledgement and clarification. Happy New Year

Icykill_
01.02.2015 , 10:15 AM | #16
snap... It's a bug
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

KALELSAB
01.02.2015 , 10:16 AM | #17
Thanks for the reply. I assume that the devs didn't have this bug when balancing classes then.

Lafay
01.02.2015 , 10:20 AM | #18
Hey Kalelsab!

-eric
In that same memo you send to the mods, make sure they unban/remove points from those that posted about it before. Your communication to/from your mods regarding what is allowed to post and what is not is clearly lacking and your devout SWTOR members should not see punishment from BW's unclear forum post boundaries.

That being said, thank you very much for coming and reporting this to us!

EricMusco
01.02.2015 , 10:24 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
In that same memo you send to the mods, make sure they unban/remove points from those that posted about it before. Your communication to/from your mods regarding what is allowed to post and what is not is clearly lacking and your devout SWTOR members should not see punishment from BW's unclear forum post boundaries.

That being said, thank you very much for coming and reporting this to us!
As with all posting, if you feel that you received an unwarranted warning or infraction, you can reach out to communitysupport@swtor.com and we can review/reverse any actions taken!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

durhame
01.02.2015 , 10:35 AM | #20
Hey Kalelsab!

-eric
We are working on it internally..... As opposed to externally? Outsource much? Lol
Common sense is not so common these days.
Taco'h'unter, Dirka-Dirka, G'angnamstyle, M'one'abrams, &
Quesa'rito of the Taco-Bell Legacy