Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic Flashpoints with companions

Yrneh
12.26.2011 , 07:59 PM | #1
Anyone try to 2 man heroic flashpoints with companions? Is it viable if 2 people play tank and heals and use 2 companions for dps?

Kelticfury
12.26.2011 , 08:07 PM | #2
I can only speak as far as bt and elleses, but yes, these are definitely doable with 2 players and 2 companions. This is how my gf and i play them and its aces so far.

Thelic
12.26.2011 , 08:08 PM | #3
The 2-man heroics are more than completable with 2 people and no companions, so yes.

Hi_Im_A_Sith
12.27.2011 , 12:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Thelic View Post
The 2-man heroics are more than completable with 2 people and no companions, so yes.
Heroics and Flashpoints are two different things, though

Stillnotking
12.27.2011 , 12:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Yrneh View Post
Anyone try to 2 man heroic flashpoints with companions? Is it viable if 2 people play tank and heals and use 2 companions for dps?
You're talking about hard modes, right? If so, then in current gear it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible. I ran hard mode BT today, and it was not trivial even for a well-coordinated group of experienced players.
Imperial Agent - Operative - Medic
"Every man is surrounded by a neighborhood of voluntary spies." - Jane Austen

swpoop
12.27.2011 , 01:19 AM | #6
No, absolutely not. No way, no how until you way out gear the place.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ Θ

tfganhao
12.27.2011 , 09:18 AM | #7
IMPOSSIBLE.

Black talon: droid boss enrage is tight, doubt your companion is gonna out-dps a human (well a good human :P )

Healing's hard too so forget about that.

Magdain
12.27.2011 , 09:36 AM | #8
If your companion was absurdly geared and companion micro was actually responsive (it isn't at all right now), then it might be possible. As it stands, you will absolutely hit the enrage timer even if things go perfectly.

The more likely scenario, however, is that your companion just plows avoidable effects and you can't sustain healing, or he dies to a spell that needs to be interrupted and cannot be because you're short 2 interrupts.

Kiashia
12.27.2011 , 09:48 AM | #9
I have done it 2 man 2 companions... But my companions greedy and rolled need on everything!

Yea its doable at the lower levels but AI does not cut it in the upper levels. We tried one the other day and its not fun or easly done.