Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing reduced by 30% in pvp. WHY!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healing reduced by 30% in pvp. WHY!?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scelerant
12.26.2011 , 06:57 PM | #131
Fine, remove the 30% but in exchange I want my interrupt on a 6 second CD and I want your entire healing school plus your CC locked out during the interrupt not just one spell.
FYI, it’s not “elitist” to expect people to be competent at a task to which they have dedicated hundreds of hours.
Everything currently wrong with the Sith Warrior/JK design.
Sith Assassin Rotation Calculator progress.

GeorgZoeller
12.26.2011 , 06:58 PM | #132 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Scelerant View Post
Trauma is there to prevent healers from being overly powerful. They could just nerf all healing by 30% but that means it affects PvE healing where they have obviously deemed healing balanced. A healer should make someone live longer, not forever.
That's pretty much it. The trauma debuff is used to offset PvP and PvE group balance involving healers against on the PvE balance numbers numbers. We could also just change the numbers (health, damage) in the rest of the game to achieve the same effect, but that'd be much less efficient.

Draemos
12.26.2011 , 07:01 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
I want and am entitled to a THOROUGH explanation as to why this is necessary.

NOW.

Not later.

NOW.
Healers heal too much at high level. If you don't like that answer, too damn bad.

Ganan
12.26.2011 , 07:02 PM | #134
Fine, remove the 30% but in exchange I want my interrupt on a 6 second CD and I want your entire healing school plus your CC locked out during the interrupt not just one spell.
I guess the endless amounts of knockback stuns, incapacitates, interrupts etc arnt enough for you?

let me guess you play a marauder? just because you dont have much CC doesnt mean all classes lack CC m8, and if you DO play marauder, you get healing debuff instead so ye...

Quote: Originally Posted by Draemos View Post
Healers heal too much at high level. If you don't like that answer, too damn bad.
do they?
how so? what changes at lvl 50?
if this is indeed true, then I will be very relieved, yet so far, I see nothing that supports that.
"There is no greater slavery, than falsely believing you are free"

CHRISGG
12.26.2011 , 07:04 PM | #135
Fine, remove the 30% but in exchange I want my interrupt on a 6 second CD
If only you knew how many classes have 6 second cooldown interrupts.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

TrueAce
12.26.2011 , 07:06 PM | #136
my shadow kill sorcs just fine. i dnt even want to tell you what a sentinel does to them. you cant attack a healer the same way you do a tank or another dps class.
Im the Man not the Myth
Server[Fatman]
Name[Desecrate]
Side[Imperial]

-Xzal-
12.26.2011 , 07:16 PM | #137
30% is to much now its the exact opposite lol
DEATH AND TAXES

Connection
12.26.2011 , 07:16 PM | #138
If they removed the 30% debuff they would have to nerf healing by 30% and inturn nerf PvE mob damage.

It's far easier to reduce healing in PvP to avoid inbalance, healing is a support role you need to support your team and have your team support you to be successful.

This is not The-Game-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named where healers were demi-gods in small-scale PvP. This is healing, balanced.
Death Digitalized

Ganan
12.26.2011 , 07:24 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Connection View Post
If they removed the 30% debuff they would have to nerf healing by 30% and inturn nerf PvE mob damage.
what? no... what you said makes absolutly no sense...
you can simply reduce it by 15% or even not reduce it at all, I am not a number crunsher, I dont know what would be apropriate reduction, but I DO know, the current healing magnitude in pvp is simply underwhelming.
"There is no greater slavery, than falsely believing you are free"

Darth_Vampirius
12.26.2011 , 07:26 PM | #140
I saw numerous times when healers would go from 5% to 100% with 4 people beating on them. QQ.
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//