Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taking Forever to Download Patches...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Taking Forever to Download Patches...

Stealysteve
12.26.2011 , 06:25 PM | #1
So earlier today when I woke up I tried to launch the game. When I launched the game all was well and good but the game just stayed at the opening picture and didnt do anything. ( And yes the game had been working just fine earlier) So as usual with computer games I was told to uninstall and reinstall, so I did. I reinstalled the game which took about 20 minutes (not too bad), but when I clicked on the launcher it kept giving me HUGE patches, like 7gb+ patches (seriously ***!?) which took about an hour to download (well thats not too bad). But thats not the problem though, I keep getting a thousand of these little 100mb patches which you'd think would take 2 second to download right? Wrong. The download speed for these little peon patches is 32kb/s... 32 KB/S!!! Is this a joke??? Now Ive been sitting here for the past 5 hours waiting for these patches to go through... But as always theres just another one lined up after it. Any help on this absolutely ridiculous problem would be great, thanks guys!

Blackfathom
12.26.2011 , 06:31 PM | #2
I find that sometimes pausing the download and restarting it refreshes the download speed. Otherwise its normal to be running a slow download speed, as so many people are trying to download from the servers. Im only running at 160 kbps and my fastest so far is only 200kbps.

UnloadedDrip
12.26.2011 , 08:52 PM | #3
Yeah, it does but it counts down to 1/2 mbps. My highest was 1024 mbps, but jumps around constantly and somehow manages to go all the back down to 1/2 mbps. This patch is what is keeping me from playing the game first time. I hope all patched aren't going to be this way. Anyone know of any 3rd party sites for the patch? Maybe it'll be faster?

Balzadar
12.26.2011 , 08:56 PM | #4
I wish it were a joke, am at 100k/s for 11gb of data. Terrible. You'd think these companies would be prepared.

Cancerform
12.26.2011 , 09:00 PM | #5
I finished downloading the actual digital game 6 hours ago... Im about to go insane!! These patches are driving me crazy! Someone please help me out .....Thank you.

EwokParty
12.26.2011 , 09:01 PM | #6
I'm sitting here trying to download the last 3.76Gb for 2 days now at 56KB. So far it has yet to go below 3.76GB for those 2 days now.

UnloadedDrip
12.26.2011 , 09:06 PM | #7
*Sigh* This game is starting to really get on my return list. I only want to play this game. MY FIRST TIME PLAYING THIS GAME AND I HAVE TO SIT AND WAIT FOREVER TO DL THIS PATCH. WTH EA?! It hasn't gone down past 9.16gb...what the hell. EA fix your servers. I've had this problem with BF3 not being able to connect. When are they going to learn?

NajatHsissou
12.26.2011 , 09:13 PM | #8
Hello everyone,

We’re sorry to see that you’ve encountered a problem.
The information located in this thread should help you resolve this problem.
If you continue experiencing difficulty after following the steps outlined there, please let us know.
Thank you.

EwokParty
12.26.2011 , 09:18 PM | #9
Woo Finally after 45 mins I went from 3.74GB left to 3.73GB left. On a roll. Proably only 3 more weeks left to finish patching.

Rendari
12.26.2011 , 09:18 PM | #10
I have a solution! *(Resolve's Idea)*

First you must get to the folder where the assets are being downloaded and where the actual Game App is. There you will find a "Visual Studio Setting Designer File" named launcher. Open with notepad (Text Editor) and look for something called P2PEnabled. Change P2PEnabled to true from false. Restart your launcher and you should get better download speed!