Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Update on The Furious Title

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
An Update on The Furious Title
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.15.2014 , 01:31 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks!

I wanted to tell you about a change coming to one of your titles, the Furious. As many of you pointed out, this title already existed in game prior to the end of Season 3 rewards. We really apologize for this happening, it was an unfortunate oversight on our part that it got through and we want to correct that oversight. As of 3.0.2 anyone who currently has The Furious from Season 3 will have it replaced by Fairly Furious. If you still want to have The Furious title, you can just jump on over to Makeb and defeat the Golden fury to earn it.

Now, one thing we also know with Season 3, is that some of you weren't the biggest fans of the titles. We are always looking to improve our PvP rewards, and titles are no different. So although we are only changing The Furious title, we know you would like to see improved titles in the future. Please continue to make suggestions around titles and rewards you would like to see for future seasons.

TLDR - We are changing The Furious title reward from Season 3 to Fairly Furious since it previously existed in-game. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Selenial
12.15.2014 , 01:35 PM | #2
I actually quite like that... Definitely be using it on the toons that got that.

To be honest I liked the bottom tier title and now the mid tier, just not the other two. Better than S-1 All star etc, I just think famously/fantastically weren't as amusing or epic as "Just a little furious" which I think was everyone's favorite.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Technohic
12.15.2014 , 01:35 PM | #3
Nothing strikes fear into your enemies like the words "Fairly Furious." Save for maybe the term "Slightly scary" or "I'm just a little upset." Next season; it can be the "I am a tiny bit mad, bro!"

Selenial
12.15.2014 , 01:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Nothing strikes fear into your enemies like the words "Fairly Furious." Save for maybe the term "Slightly scary" or "I'm just a little upset."
I thought the humor behind it was the point.

Honestly if I could drop my rating and get Just a Little furious on my Sorc I probably would have, because that title makes me laugh.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Raansu
12.15.2014 , 01:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

I wanted to tell you about a change coming to one of your titles, the Furious. As many of you pointed out, this title already existed in game prior to the end of Season 3 rewards. We really apologize for this happening, it was an unfortunate oversight on our part that it got through and we want to correct that oversight. As of 3.0.2 anyone who currently has The Furious from Season 3 will have it replaced by Fairly Furious. If you still want to have The Furious title, you can just jump on over to Makeb and defeat the Golden fury to earn it.

Now, one thing we also know with Season 3, is that some of you weren't the biggest fans of the titles. We are always looking to improve our PvP rewards, and titles are no different. So although we are only changing The Furious title, we know you would like to see improved titles in the future. Please continue to make suggestions around titles and rewards you would like to see for future seasons.

TLDR - We are changing The Furious title reward from Season 3 to Fairly Furious since it previously existed in-game. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Fairly furious? That makes no sense....

Nekrall
12.15.2014 , 01:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

-eric
Thank you for the response, and for addressing one of the issues in regard to the season 3 pvp titles.
Ilysia Grim
Season 3 #1 Group Ranked Marauder
Guildmaster of <Tyrant>
Prophecy of the Five

howieloader
12.15.2014 , 02:01 PM | #7
When will you address win traders???
Deván - Vánér - Lochlánn - Xévan
R.I.P. Jung Ma
Quote: Originally Posted by McgeeYT View Post
um...... what defense moves does a jedi knight sentinel even have.... how can i change my class? sentinals mostly just attack not much defense and stuff

Kalarie
12.15.2014 , 02:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Nothing strikes fear into your enemies like the words "Fairly Furious." Save for maybe the term "Slightly scary" or "I'm just a little upset." Next season; it can be the "I am a tiny bit mad, bro!"
It's BW's way of subtly admitting that they know the ranked ratings are jokes. You won't see them give out meaningful rewards until they get metrics showing that the ratings reflect actual skill/hard work. They just don't have the population for the ELO to work as designed or to prevent significant win trading.
Astronamer
"Foster" legacy
Astrosquad Guild

buckman
12.15.2014 , 03:42 PM | #9
I like the themed titles from S3. The top 96 titles need to specify the class that you topped to make them truly unique and desirable.

"Famously Furious (Class)" would have sufficed.
Chappelle
<Weapons of War>
Prophecy of the Five - Ranked PvP and NiM Operations
Join the guild! http://weaponsofwarguild.enjin.com/home
http://www.twitch.tv/ch4ppelle

Rhyn
12.15.2014 , 04:33 PM | #10
Someone in BW needs to be slapped for the name Fairly Furious. Really really lazy even for BW.
Rýn

<Regulators>