Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Goals for Addressing Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Goals for Addressing Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.15.2014 , 01:24 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

At our fan event in Las Vegas, one of the things we stated is that we are working to address the concerns of things like queue times and uneven server populations and that we would provide an update before the end of the year. As you might expect we're not ready to tell you exactly what we are working on yet, but we did want to go into what our goals are for next year.
  • To address issues of queue times across all types of content, both PvP and PvE.
  • To rethink how we approach “server separation.”
  • Remain sensitive to things like character identity.
  • The continued ability to define your chosen server playstyle, PvE, PvP, RP, RP-PvP.
  • We also would love to use this opportunity to enhance/create social systems. It’s a big ole’ galaxy and we want it to feel that way.
In the coming months we will be releasing more details. We appreciate your patience as we work towards these goals.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sangrar
12.15.2014 , 01:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

At our fan event in Las Vegas, one of the things we stated is that we are working to address the concerns of things like queue times and uneven server populations and that we would provide an update before the end of the year. As you might expect we're not ready to tell you exactly what we are working on yet, but we did want to go into what our goals are for next year.
  • To address issues of queue times across all types of content, both PvP and PvE.
  • To rethink how we approach “server separation.”
  • Remain sensitive to things like character identity.
  • The continued ability to define your chosen server playstyle, PvE, PvP, RP, RP-PvP.
  • We also would love to use this opportunity to enhance/create social systems. It’s a big ole’ galaxy and we want it to feel that way.
In the coming months we will be releasing more details. We appreciate your patience as we work towards these goals.

-eric
wait what does this mean? Server merger!? mega server!?!
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

Darth_Wicked
12.15.2014 , 01:27 PM | #3
So...

This an update to update on the fact we'll receive yet another update, sometime next year? Or there will be an update following this update, before the final update which will be the big reveal?

Reno_Tarshil
12.15.2014 , 01:27 PM | #4
I wanna ask about the character identity. Would this possibly include another name purge at all?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Jerba
12.15.2014 , 01:32 PM | #5
To rethink how we approach “server separation.”
Hm, I miss the following bullet point in your list:
"The continued seperation by language into German, English and French."
I really hope that there'll still be a server separation by language with these changes... While (unlike some other players on my server) I have no problem understanding/writing/speaking English, when playing SWTOR, I want to play and chat with German players in German.

While my server is pretty populated, I know players on other servers have problems finding groups, so it is good you are doing something about it. Gonna wait for more details on cross-servers / server-merges before I can judge it.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

EricMusco
12.15.2014 , 01:32 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
So...

This an update to update on the fact we'll receive yet another update, sometime next year? Or there will be an update following this update, before the final update which will be the big reveal?
Updateception indeed! I know it isn't quite the full spill of details yet but at least this way we can kind of let everyone know where our heads are at

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

chosonman
12.15.2014 , 01:35 PM | #7
Sounds like mega server....
Sun-Sin | Jihyea | Sejong | Jisun
Jung Ma | Ebon Hawk
<Lee Legacy >
Referral - free character transfer

Drudenfusz
12.15.2014 , 01:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I wanna ask about the character identity. Would this possibly include another name purge at all?
I guess that the 'remain sensitive' part means that exactly this will not happen. Even though I wouldn't mind a purge, so I might get some names back I used to have on the server I originally started on, but I don't want to lose names I currently have.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

howieloader
12.15.2014 , 01:36 PM | #9
Updateception indeed! I know it isn't quite the full spill of details yet but at least this way we can kind of let everyone know where our heads are at

-eric
We appreciate the update, and I am looking forward to what you have in store...
Deván - Vánér - Lochlánn - Xévan
R.I.P. Jung Ma
Quote: Originally Posted by McgeeYT View Post
um...... what defense moves does a jedi knight sentinel even have.... how can i change my class? sentinals mostly just attack not much defense and stuff

MillionsKNives
12.15.2014 , 01:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
wait what does this mean? Server merger!? mega server!?!
I'll take Super Mega Servers for 400, Alex