Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Accuracy Raiting post 3.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson's Avatar


TaitWatson
12.11.2014 , 10:27 AM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We are still looking into this. I'll let you know when I have more information!

-Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Heezdedjim's Avatar


Heezdedjim
12.11.2014 , 10:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
We are still looking into this. I'll let you know when I have more information!
Thanks very much, Tait. I know people are more interested in an actual statement whether it's working as intended or will be changed soon. But at least this suggests that it might be broken, so people may feel it is wise to continue holding off on their min/maxing.

SBR_QuorTek's Avatar


SBR_QuorTek
12.11.2014 , 12:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey folks,

We are still looking into this. I'll let you know when I have more information!

-Tait
It is nice it is looked upon though why simply not had left the system as it was with all the classes out there and their accuracy bonusses to their class and special class specs etc.

This way around removing something this very critical in the game is kind of hilarious.

As it is currently, it even more gimp DPS specs that will not get the full benefit from the other stats, hell even as it is now and before there would be close to absolutely no need to alacrity or the likes due to we got to be able to hit monster A and B.... yes this might not hurt story mode content... but when you start screwing around with hardmode Ops and above... then certain skills really need to be able to hit the mob everytime, especially with the new long cool downs on interrupts.
Support the Iconic Starwars way is all I can say, support Planet side stuff as well as Serious space content posibilities, don't be a one way person... go after perfection.

Alssaran's Avatar


Alssaran
12.11.2014 , 12:36 PM | #24
It's really nice that this is going to be investigated.

I'm currently at 106,97% rating. I have 496 bonus points in Accuracy and was just about to buy myself some other Augments to enhance my gear when I noticed that I'd need over 200 more points in Accuracy to reach the 110% suggested cap.

Building to this cap with the current system would leave me unable to build into DPS more clearly (I can't apply neither Power, Strength or anything else). So, for the love of the Force, change the equation. As it stands now you'd need close to double as much points as before the patch to reach your accuracy rating. That leaves us unable to build largely into DPS.

JimG's Avatar


JimG
12.11.2014 , 12:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Alssaran View Post
It's really nice that this is going to be investigated.

I'm currently at 106,97% rating. I have 496 bonus points in Accuracy and was just about to buy myself some other Augments to enhance my gear when I noticed that I'd need over 200 more points in Accuracy to reach the 110% suggested cap.

Building to this cap with the current system would leave me unable to build into DPS more clearly (I can't apply neither Power, Strength or anything else). So, for the love of the Force, change the equation. As it stands now you'd need close to double as much points as before the patch to reach your accuracy rating. That leaves us unable to build largely into DPS.
Of course, the 110% cap is "suggested" by players....not BW. So it may be intended that players can't hit the same rates in other areas and also maintain 110% accuracy. They did say that they were trying to reduce DPS output across the board.

Alssaran's Avatar


Alssaran
12.11.2014 , 12:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Of course, the 110% cap is "suggested" by players....not BW. So it may be intended that players can't hit the same rates in other areas and also maintain 110% accuracy. They did say that they were trying to reduce DPS output across the board.
Of course, that's correct. However, I doubt that they would make such a drastic change without informing us. The last thing I heard from the dev stream was that, given the removal of the 3% bonus from the skill tree, each point in Accuracy would give slightly more Accuracy Rating than before. Even if they put up the required amount of accuracy points to reach 110% by a bit, nearly doubling the amount would be...frightening.

TaitWatson's Avatar


TaitWatson
12.11.2014 , 02:53 PM | #27 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I heard back from the Combat team, and Accuracy is right where it should be. The Accuracy change (more Accuracy Rating granting more Accuracy per point) that was mentioned on the Global Combat livestream and in the Patch Notes never ended up going out. Following internal testing, the team decided to not implement the change as they were happy with where it was when using high end level 60 gear.

With that being said, we are happy with DPS numbers as they are right now and therefore have no plans currently to adjust Accuracy. As always we will continue to monitor DPS and will make changes as needed.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SBR_QuorTek's Avatar


SBR_QuorTek
12.11.2014 , 02:56 PM | #28
This one still need to be worked on.... even with alacrity dumping the cooldowns and such, you still got to be able to hit those things... yes it is not such of a matter with story mode ops and the likes but certain other fights... it is very much needed.
Support the Iconic Starwars way is all I can say, support Planet side stuff as well as Serious space content posibilities, don't be a one way person... go after perfection.

SBR_QuorTek's Avatar


SBR_QuorTek
12.11.2014 , 03:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

I heard back from the Combat team, and Accuracy is right where it should be. The Accuracy change (more Accuracy Rating granting more Accuracy per point) that was mentioned on the Global Combat livestream and in the Patch Notes never ended up going out. Following internal testing, the team decided to not implement the change as they were happy with where it was when using high end level 60 gear.

With that being said, we are happy with DPS numbers as they are right now and therefore have no plans currently to adjust Accuracy. As always we will continue to monitor DPS and will make changes as needed.
Yes with highend gear... it doesnt make any sense still... first of all none of you guys post any actual stat change graphs or the likes... sure you can be decked all out with Ops 198 gear... set bonus and whatsoever... but for the previous steps to climb up there.. would be such a massive jump... which exact numbers do we need to get at for all this?
Support the Iconic Starwars way is all I can say, support Planet side stuff as well as Serious space content posibilities, don't be a one way person... go after perfection.

Brewski's Avatar


Brewski
12.11.2014 , 03:09 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

I heard back from the Combat team, and Accuracy is right where it should be. The Accuracy change (more Accuracy Rating granting more Accuracy per point) that was mentioned on the Global Combat livestream and in the Patch Notes never ended up going out. Following internal testing, the team decided to not implement the change as they were happy with where it was when using high end level 60 gear.

With that being said, we are happy with DPS numbers as they are right now and therefore have no plans currently to adjust Accuracy. As always we will continue to monitor DPS and will make changes as needed.
Thanks Tait! It's great to finally have this question answered so we get around to proper gearing.