Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Training Costs are a Thing of the Past

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Training Costs are a Thing of the Past
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MutinyOfTheMind
12.05.2014 , 03:52 PM | #21
Just in time to shaft the early access subscribers of their training costs.

Bravo.

PS: You fix that bugged Revan fight yet?

Daewan
12.05.2014 , 03:53 PM | #22
That is awesome! Thank you!
Darth Squeek, Dark Lord of the Skittles, Revan Fanboy
<< Derp :: Questions about SWTOR? SEARCH DULFY! :: Obligatory referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kp7S8B ::
Quote: Originally Posted by Alssaran View Post
Would you care to show me where the evil Bioware touched you? Possibly on this anatomically correct "SonofThulkose" doll?

Essence_of_Light
12.05.2014 , 03:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MutinyOfTheMind View Post
Just in time to shaft the early access subscribers of their training costs.

Bravo.

PS: You fix that bugged Revan fight yet?
Like Wicked said...

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Early Access is the new Open Beta.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for free
goodies like Cartel Market unlocks
!

EricMusco
12.05.2014 , 03:54 PM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
Gotta ask that question, any retroactive refunds since 3.0 went live?

Edit: I ask because I have guildies who have dropped basically all their credits to train their character this week.
Fair question azudelphi! Since the change we are making is a global one, affecting all players and skills, we felt this was a better approach to the overall cost to players. As a result, we will not be providing refunds for the cost of training.

Hope that clarifies our thoughts on the situation.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LordArtemis
12.05.2014 , 03:56 PM | #25
One thing I think it might be important to point out.

For those folks that have at least not leveled up yet to 60, but did spend the coins to upgrade their abilities, they will likely make their money back with the free training up to 60. They are saying now there are NO training costs at all.

And honestly, for those that are already 60...you could head to Rishi and do a bit of treasure chest farming...you will have your money back in less than an hour. At least until they patch it

I am really astounded by this. A very VERY smart move on Bioware's part IMO.

azudelphi
12.05.2014 , 03:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Fair question azudelphi! Since the change we are making is a global one, affecting all players and skills, we felt this was a better approach to the overall cost to players. As a result, we will not be providing refunds for the cost of training.

-eric
It gives a straightforward answer to the question posed. That's all I was hoping for. Cheers for the response.
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

Kaywinnit
12.05.2014 , 03:57 PM | #27
Hey folks,

Let’s talk a bit about training costs for your characters abilities. One thing has become clear from the player feedback in not only this thread, but since launch: players do not like training costs. It is a situation where every level you will see your hard earned credits go to a holographic Hutt doctor in order to make yourself a bit stronger. We have been talking about this topic internally for quite some time and when you add player feedback to the mix one thing becomes clear… We should make training costs a thing of the past.

Since launch, you have spent millions of credits training skills across your characters. As of our maintenance next week all ability training costs will be completely removed from the game, forever!

What does this mean for you? This means that starting next week, instead of spending your credits on training skills, you can now spend them on literally, anything else you want. Note that this only affects ability training, you will still need to spend credits to training schematics for Crew Skills, etc.

Thank you again for your feedback.

-eric
Eric (and Team),

Thank you! As one of the players (since closed beta) who is not a multimillionaire.. this is great news.. I had characters who (because of leveling with 12x XP) didn't have enough credits to even train all the abilities they had to relearn at 55, let alone the 50k for crew skills... This means that (after Tuesday), I'll actually be able to afford to level up my characters.

Thank you for listening to us, and for addressing it in both a reasonable time, and a reasonable way.
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

justinplainview
12.05.2014 , 03:58 PM | #28
so early access gets ****ed and spends millions of credits training abilities and then people that didn't pre-order the expansion get an added benefit that the early access players didn't get. This is ********. I'm glad for other people, obviously, but this is terrible for pre-order people that just wasted millions of credits. GG

MorgenBlue
12.05.2014 , 03:59 PM | #29

-eric
Thanks for shafting us for pre ordering early!

DOHboy
12.05.2014 , 03:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
Yeah, I did it in the first reply. Personally I don't care either way, I swear it's the guildies who apparently dropped like 1 mil credits on training going from 56-60 that I ask on behalf of; given that short window in which this change is being implemented compared to when they spent that.

But, as I said, it's not that I personally want anything back.
i'm not going to turn away a raise or free stuff. Just think it was pointless to complain about it to begin with. I was trying to figure out how paying for them the last 2 years suddenly made it less fun than playing last month. Money was never an issue except for a few 1.0 times on a fresh toon and piloting 3 was uber expensive (they have since nerfed that a bit too). Will i turn down free skills no. Am I going to demand they make me pay for them no. Would I rather they spend their development time on something that really is an issue, probably. Did I just dump a BUNCH of money into the CM which probably covered a good hour or two of dev time YUP! So its their dollar at this point.

Just let this be a lesson for future, give someone free stuff, expect lots of mitch and boaning when it gets taken away....Probably they will think harder about what "perks" they give since taking them away seems to rub people raw (see demand for permanent 12x xp, or double xp etc.).