Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Training Costs are a Thing of the Past

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Training Costs are a Thing of the Past
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.05.2014 , 03:39 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Let’s talk a bit about training costs for your characters abilities. One thing has become clear from the player feedback in not only this thread, but since launch: players do not like training costs. It is a situation where every level you will see your hard earned credits go to a holographic Hutt doctor in order to make yourself a bit stronger. We have been talking about this topic internally for quite some time and when you add player feedback to the mix one thing becomes clear… We should make training costs a thing of the past.

Since launch, you have spent millions of credits training skills across your characters. As of our maintenance next week all ability training costs will be completely removed from the game, forever!

What does this mean for you? This means that starting next week, instead of spending your credits on training skills, you can now spend them on literally, anything else you want. Note that this only affects ability training, you will still need to spend credits to training schematics for Crew Skills, etc.

Thank you again for your feedback.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

azudelphi
12.05.2014 , 03:40 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Let’s talk a bit about training costs for your characters abilities. One thing has become clear from the player feedback in not only this thread, but since launch: players do not like training costs. It is a situation where every level you will see your hard earned credits go to a holographic Hutt doctor in order to make yourself a bit stronger. We have been talking about this topic internally for quite some time and when you add player feedback to the mix one thing becomes clear… We should make training costs a thing of the past.

Since launch, you have spent millions of credits training skills across your characters. As of our maintenance next week all ability training costs will be completely removed from the game, forever!

What does this mean for you? This means that starting next week, instead of spending your credits on training skills, you can now spend them on literally, anything else you want. Note that this only affects ability training, you will still need to spend credits to training schematics for Crew Skills, etc.

-eric
Gotta ask that question, any retroactive refunds since 3.0 went live?

Edit: I ask because I have guildies who have dropped basically all their credits to train their character this week.

Bonus Edit: And I am referring only to training from 56-60... not the 1-55 range.
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

Essence_of_Light
12.05.2014 , 03:41 PM | #3
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know, Musco!
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for free
goodies like Cartel Market unlocks
!

Dokar
12.05.2014 , 03:42 PM | #4
Hey folks,

-eric
Wonderful news, thank you Eric.

Anzel
12.05.2014 , 03:44 PM | #5
HOLY Mother OF Anakin SKYWALKER!
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Warrgames
12.05.2014 , 03:44 PM | #6
Hey folks,

-eric
Thanks
"I don't like Tatooine, but I do like saying Tatooine." Theron Shan
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click for free stuff.
"Nonsense repeated doesn't make it truth." Arcaan

Darth_Wicked
12.05.2014 , 03:44 PM | #7
Quite honestly, I don't understand why some people feel they're entitled to receive their money back or whatever, considering we're talking about virtual money.

I really don't.

What I have an issue with is stuff like this:
With all of the changes that hit with 3.0 to Disciplines, it is intended that there are abilities that need to be trained/re-trained. Here are some of the criteria that could cause this to happen:
  • If an existing ability changed, in name or functionality.
As such, I'm glad this has come to pass.

Being FORCED to pay for any ability YET AGAIN because someone -- theoretically speaking of course -- finds the name offensive is eyerolling to say the least.

ZeridanShear
12.05.2014 , 03:45 PM | #8
I'm...honestly shocked and speechless. All I can say is: well done, Bioware, well done.

Darth__Reaver
12.05.2014 , 03:45 PM | #9
And people say you guys don't listen...

Anzel
12.05.2014 , 03:45 PM | #10
Now can we talk about moving mods AND dyes in and out of Armor? I promise to take back 22% of all the negative things I've said in the past.... about SWTOR... Thanks
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006