Rewards for Hard Mode Flashpoint Bonus Boss

Death_By_Smiley

I just did a groupfinder Rakata Hard Mode. The bonus boss only dropped 2 basic comms. No gear (not even blues) no decos. Nothing. Is this working as intended? The final boss dropped purple non-set SM Operations gear (which was expected, given this was the case in 2.x), but there was no gear at all on the bonus boss. Edited by Death_By_Smiley

Thanks Tait:

Just to give you as much specificity as possible:

We had a groupfinder group. We kicked someone for AFK, they were replaced when we requeued (in case that messes up loot or whatever).

We wiped on the bonus boss once, killed it the second time.

We still got a purple implant (of the proper item level, though I can't remember the exact number...192? Whatever story mode ops gear is) on the final boss.

I have NOT run any HM FPs since then, as it was pretty late.

I just did a groupfinder Rakata Hard Mode. The bonus boss only dropped 2 basic comms. No gear (not even blues) no decos. Nothing. Is this working as intended? The final boss dropped purple non-set SM Operations gear (which was expected, given this was the case in 2.x), but there was no gear at all on the bonus boss.

We ran a HM Rakata this morning, only got the basic comms off the bonus boss. Makes it basically not worth doing the bonus boss literally ever because we only got 206 credits each for it. That's a horrible incentive to do a bonus boss. Like... It's actually terrible. I DID like that we got a piece of 192 gear to drop on the final boss encounter of the HM FP, so that's a plus. But good lord, that bonus boss loot table is trash.

I did it earlier no one was kicked killed him without too much bother and we just got the two basics.

Given the reward is worse than doing a daily I can't imagine its working as intended. Also maybe worth looking into some of the trash encounters disproportionately high dps, had moments where people were taken to half health in seconds perhaps 1. Since all the gear that dropped was worse than what you can get from basic coms except the last boss I can't think its a gear issue, it can't be much of a skill issue as 1 second hardly gives you time to respond and so doesn't seem to be working as intended.

Hopefully this is not working as intended. Overall, I personally like the way the expansion is heading in regards to HM flashpoint / Operation difficulty. It's a VERY welcome change and something I've been wanting to see since...launch. Only a few op bosses and flashpoints have scratched that itch...

While the difficulty of these BONUS bosses is outstanding, there is no incentive to do them...which is a crying shame. Whether working as intended or not, FIX IT!

Anyone know if this will get updated with the patch Tuesday? Like doing the bonus but not for 2 basic comms :(

^^ This.

I did the Bonus Boss 5/5, three of those using Group Finder. All great people; Nice, polite and respectful. :D

However, we all did it for the fun of it, not so much for the commendations. Given how time consuming the boss is, two basic commendations is just... I don't even have words for it.

On top of that, the mechanics -- assuming they are worthy of such name -- are just dull.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Ive only read dulfy's post about the fixes on tonight's patch. I really do hope they look into the drops in the new hm fps.

I ran one with my guild earlier today and our loot for clearing the bonus boss was only 2 basic comms. I feel like that was a slap in the face for the amount of effort we put into it.