Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix the exit

BoboHut
11.22.2014 , 10:25 AM | #1
I know this has been asked before buts its annoying. Half the time, when I sign in after I recently signed out from my stronghold I end up in the one area of the fleet that doesn't allow me to travel back to my stronghold, use a fleet pass or even quick travel. Please stop it from kicking me out of my stronghold or at least us travel places from that area of the fleet.

XiamaraSimi
11.22.2014 , 07:55 PM | #2
Sadly the only "workaround" I have found to this is -never- log out in your stronghold if you came there from the fleet. 99% of the time, I I log out in my stronghold fresh from the fleet, it dumps me into the no travel area of the fleet when I log in.

If you have to go to the fleet for something on the way to your stronghold, hop onto your ship -then- go to your stronghold. Yes its incredibly stupid to have to do that, but bioware tends to let annoying things slide into eternity (like Vector wearing my agents bra for 2+ years and counting...) so if they bother to fix it, it will most likely take a few YEARS...

Mubrak
11.23.2014 , 03:24 AM | #3
When you log out in the Stronghold and exit after relog, or enter a flashpoint/warzone from the stronghold, you're returned to the starting area of the place you entered the stronghold the last time. On the fleet that is the starter-planets departure, on other planets it's your hangar. Section X, Black Hole, Oricon and CZ-198 have the main area as entry zone and you can use quicktravel or SH travel freely.

The main issue seems to be that the game can't seem to remember your location on the last planet when you log out in the stronghold. This may be a problem that can't be solved anytime soon.

That you're exited from your stronghold automatically after groupfinder took you elsewhere could be related - maybe the game can't remember both: which stronghold you were in and on which planet you were when you entered the stronghold, so it remembers the planet. (but not your location when you entered the SH...)

What makes the issue worse is that all leveling/story-planets forbid any form of quicktravel in their starter area, so you can't avoid cutscenes that play in there and break your character story,

Aside from improving the system and allowing several layers of "previous location" the other possible solutions have a high potential for backfiring. Forget the planet and always return to stronghold? May be very annoying especially while leveling. Allow quicktravel everywhere? Within weeks the forum will be flooded with bug reports about broken questlines.

BoboHut
11.24.2014 , 12:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
When you log out in the Stronghold and exit after relog, or enter a flashpoint/warzone from the stronghold, you're returned to the starting area of the place you entered the stronghold the last time. On the fleet that is the starter-planets departure, on other planets it's your hangar. Section X, Black Hole, Oricon and CZ-198 have the main area as entry zone and you can use quicktravel or SH travel freely..
Yeah, maybe asking to change all the starter locations into areas you can quick travel out of would be too much to ask. I like how the "return to whatever planet your stronghold is on" currently takes you to the city on that planet and that's what I am guessing would be the easiest fix for the return to fleet option. Just change the location it sends you to when you click "return to fleet" (if it doesn't remember your last position on fleet) to the default spot you go to when you use fleet pass. Because it doesn't send you there now, I often find myself using fleet pass from my stronghold anyways, which I find a little ridiculous