Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tierd PvP

Dirar
12.26.2011 , 01:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Laylyn View Post

Negative, the first 50s hit the game before Dec 20th and most casual players are already in the 20 to 30 zone.

We are advancing too quickly for any bracket to have any meaning, other than a bracket for 50s (due to level 50 pvp gear) and a bracket for 10-49.

Anything else would simply mean no pvp at all until level 50. This mistake of messing with the system too much already scarred WOW (that got hurt even with multiserver platforms we don't have) and STO. It's not even opinion, it's gaming history. =/

People might get their wish from the devs. However, they'll regret it very soon if it happens.
Wrong. Not everyone is a powergamer. I was in on day 1 of early access and I'm level 21. I won't see 50 for months. I want to PvP NOW, competitively, and fighting a bunch of 50's is not fun.

PvP needs brackets. Hell, even DAoC had this.
AVALANCHE = = =

Drawf
12.26.2011 , 01:29 PM | #12
Not only do we need brackets. But the random queing has to go as well. If you want to que randomly it should be an option.

RedEnsign
12.26.2011 , 01:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Laylyn View Post

Negative, the first 50s hit the game before Dec 20th and most casual players are already in the 20 to 30 zone.

We are advancing too quickly for any bracket to have any meaning, other than a bracket for 50s (due to level 50 pvp gear) and a bracket for 10-49.

Anything else would simply mean no pvp at all until level 50. This mistake of messing with the system too much already scarred WOW (that got hurt even with multiserver platforms we don't have) and STO. It's not even opinion, it's gaming history. =/

People might get their wish from the devs. However, they'll regret it very soon if it happens.
I've been PvPing since UO launched (Catskills) thru more MMOs than you can probably afford. Your so called gaming history "facts" are inaccurate at best. WAR launched with tiered single server and it worked...till you go to endgame which is what destroyed the PvP and thus the game. DAoC added brackets (battlegrounds) before WoW ever launched and it was successful enough they added more brackets (levels) and it was single server also. Rift launched with tierd but they were in clusters of 3-4 servers. Using WoW and STO as your ""gaming history" facts was poor judgement on your part. Want me to go on and on or have I invalidated your "MMO History" enough yet?

Dirar
12.26.2011 , 01:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RedEnsign View Post
I've been PvPing since UO launched (Catskills) thru more MMOs than you can probably afford. Your so called gaming history "facts" are inaccurate at best. WAR launched with tiered single server and it worked...till you go to endgame which is what destroyed the PvP and thus the game. DAoC added brackets (battlegrounds) before WoW ever launched and it was successful enough they added more brackets (levels) and it was single server also. Rift launched with tierd but they were in clusters of 3-4 servers. Using WoW and STO as your ""gaming history" facts was poor judgement on your part. Want me to go on and on or have I invalidated your "MMO History" enough yet?
There was no shortage of people to fight in daoc's battlegrounds either. The PvP was fun. The PvP mechanics in this game are extremely fun. I want PvP progression that starts before level 50.
AVALANCHE = = =

Kricys
12.26.2011 , 01:47 PM | #15
There won't be brackets for a long time. They won't kill the queue time for the 50's.
Kricys. Marauder. Vulkar Highway

Aricus
12.26.2011 , 02:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by RedEnsign View Post
WAR pvp brackets were alright during the first week maybe two but after that it was dead. I first rolled a Black Orc and PvP from 1-2 was very active t3 was pretty active t4 I won't go there.

But by the time i rolled my alt pvp from T2-T3 was DEAD. Queue times were long and I ended up leveling upf rom quests and grinding mobs.

Btw I've played UO as well... Sonoma/Napa Valley