Season 3 Furious Rewards Announcement

AlexModny

All their streams can be found just a couple of minutes after the stream. They will make the whole stream into a video so you can watch later. :)

I know, however some of the 'magic' is gone :p

Eh, I'm only interested in seeing the models and designs, and I'll get that much easier from Dulfy, so there's that.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Hi Alex. Would you be able to confirm whether the color crystal will be unlockable in Collections?

The color crystal will not be in Collections, to remain consistent with previous Season rewards. Characters that meet the rating criteria will receive a lockbox with 2 of each +41 stat crystal (Power, Critical, Endurance and Expertise).

The color crystal will not be in Collections, to remain consistent with previous Season rewards. Characters that meet the rating criteria will receive a lockbox with 2 of each +41 stat crystal (Power, Critical, Endurance and Expertise).

Oh, hah, guess it wasn't worth getting 10 games on two toons after all since it gives two of each. Still, overkill never hurts.

If the crystals are Black/Black, I will love you forever Bioware. If they're red/green/whatever I'm going to...hate you. :eek:

If it is Black/Black I'm going to cry. Because I've wanted a dark saber look for a long time, and don't PvP. Because I'm terrible. And I don't feel like ruining others' fun with my horrible skills.

I'm betting they'll be black outline/purple core. Black/black would be too much of a money maker for them not to put it on the CM, and the armor is based off of Revanite gear. Revan's saber color = purple. The old 2K rating color crystal = purple w/black core. So I'm almost positive that's where they're going with this one.

Black/black would be sweeeet though.

I honestly don't see the appeal of black-black. It would just look like a black pole with faded sides which doesn't respond to scene lighting.

I'd much rather see a black-white, but as I've said before I think the chances of them adding that are very low indeed.

... I'd still like to see it though :p

PS: Actually, it's probably going to be white-black. It fits PvP well and you already see NPCs using it (like the Dread Guard Dominators on Oricon). The Cartel Market already has a "White-Black" (which is really gray-black) but I think they will get around this by calling it a 'Furious' crystal or 'Season 3' crystal, etc.

Edited by idnewton

I honestly don't see the appeal of black-black. It would just look like a black pole with faded sides which doesn't respond to scene lighting.

I'd much rather see a black-white, but as I've said before I think the chances of them adding that are very low indeed.

... I'd still like to see it though :p

PS: Actually, it's probably going to be white-black. It fits PvP well and you already see NPCs using it (like the Dread Guard Dominators on Oricon). The Cartel Market already has a "White-Black" (which is really gray-black) but I think they will get around this by calling it a 'Furious' crystal or 'Season 3' crystal, etc.

As you said, we already have a 'white/black', and they said exclusive, so hopefully we can count that one out (renaming it and changing it slightly would make me sad).

Black/white would be really neat though! :cool:

As you said, we already have a 'white/black', and they said exclusive, so hopefully we can count that one out (renaming it and changing it slightly would make me sad).

Black/white would be really neat though! :cool:

As I said it's really white-gray. White-lightgray, really. The difference between the two colors is like the difference between cyan and blue. It's more or less just a brightness thing, but it's a visibly different color, and in the case of the two white-black crystals, the dark one really has a dark feel to it, whereas the current Cartel Market one is like a light gray saber, the kind you'd expect a jedi to wield.

Edited by idnewton

Ah, I thought it was just 1 of each crystal! This is good enough for me, thanks very much.

As I said it's really white-gray. White-lightgray, really. The difference between the two colors is like the difference between cyan and blue. It's more or less just a brightness thing, but it's a visibly different color, and in the case of the two white-black crystals, the dark one really has a dark feel to it, whereas the current Cartel Market one is like a light gray saber, the kind you'd expect a jedi to wield.

True enough! Guess we'll see :D

Yeah, now the only thing that could possibly go wrong is if the color itself sucks. Let's hope it doesn't, we'll find out in an hour or two :p

What I'm really worried about is the armor set... if it's amazing (I must have it!) I might have to try to grind the rank... :o

Yeah the crystal is Red-Yellow (red core, yellow glow) it essentially looks like a fire crystal. It's decent, but the guns have a fire effect that really looks great.

Yea those blasters looked delicious... sabers looked similar to the tython saber (bubble one)? Something like that.

I wish they would just post gifs of all weapons/armor already...

Edited by KTap

Yea those blasters looked delicious... sabers looked similar to the tython saber (bubble one)? Something like that.

Nono those pvp reward sabers have much bigger effect than Tythonian has. They use "flame" theme on all pvp ranked weapons. Sadly i'm afraid i wont be able to get to tier 2. i just wish something good will come to CM.

Nono those pvp reward sabers have much bigger effect than Tythonian has. They use "flame" theme on all pvp ranked weapons. Sadly i'm afraid i wont be able to get to tier 2. i just wish something good will come to CM.

I did say similar :p the point I was trying to make is the blasters impressed me more than the sabers :D

Hope I can transfer some of those weapons to other characters, as I got the rank on my Powertech. The sabers look sweet and have awesome sound affects and I'd love to have it on my jugg that I use for raiding.

Edit - Now that I reread the wording, do we get all the weapons? Or just the weapon relevant to our class? It says "Furious Weapon Set" so I assume it's all of them, but I'd like clarification. Could be weapon set just means mainhand/offhand. I'd be very disappointed it I didn't get the saber.

Edited by Aienir

Edit - Now that I reread the wording, do we get all the weapons? Or just the weapon relevant to our class? It says "Furious Weapon Set" so I assume it's all of them, but I'd like clarification. Could be weapon set just means mainhand/offhand. I'd be very disappointed it I didn't get the saber.

I'd like to know that as well. Is a "Weapon Set" considered one of each weapon or is it a MH and OH for a specific AC?

Edited by MrRag

I'd like to know that as well. Is a "Weapon Set" considered one of each weapon or is it a MH and OH for a specific AC?

According to Dulfy, they believe it's every weapon. I don't see any confirmation of this anywhere, but I'm inclined to take them at their word. Still, I'd love a confirmation. Till then, time to get my jugg to 1300.

• Dev Post

Happy Monday!

Since it wasn't covered on the stream here are the titles for each tier!

Tier 3 - Rating < 1300

Character Name, Just A Little Furious

Tier 2 - Rating 1300-1649

Character Name, the Furious

Tier 1 - Rating 1650+

Character Name, Fantastically Furious

Top 96

Character Name, Famously Furious

As you can tell we took out the S-# from the titles (as seen in previous seasons) and made them fit with the theme of the season. Both of these changes were based on y'alls feedback. Let us know what you think!

Happy Hunting!