Scheduled Maintenance: November 11th, 2014

TaitWatson

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Pending Mission Reward queue now has a cap of 3 Missions."

Is it possible to get some clarification on this? If I'm reading it right, you can still have more than 3 pending missions, you just suffer the stated group-finder and mission sharing restrictions if you have 3 or more pending rewards.

Another way of reading it would be that you can no longer have more than 3 pending rewards at a time, which would beg the question of what happens to the others. I highly doubt the case, but thought I would ask.

You can still have more than 3 but when you have more than that you will hit the "cap" and the limitations will apply, which includes the new Group Finder and Mission sharing restrictions as well as the ones already in place.

That does raise the question...When I do the Oricon weekly, I tend to turn it in at the same time as all the dailies with bonus...which is something like 8 total turnins. Maybe more, I can't remember off the top of my head right now. So what happens when I turn in all of them at once? Do I not receive credit for the others? Do I have to click the turn in thing multiple times? This seems like a silly change to me.

This isn't about what happens when you turn them in, this is about that you can't accept more quests until you turn in some of them.

They are obviously doing this to prevent instant 60s on Dec 2, I just hope the coding doesn't change to much and create more problems than its worth.

If this post gets me a temporary ban... that would be stupid.

Edited by g_land

That does raise the question...When I do the Oricon weekly, I tend to turn it in at the same time as all the dailies with bonus...which is something like 8 total turnins. Maybe more, I can't remember off the top of my head right now. So what happens when I turn in all of them at once? Do I not receive credit for the others? Do I have to click the turn in thing multiple times? This seems like a silly change to me.

This doesn't affect Mission completion (like, they can sit in your log awaiting turn-in). This only affects when you have turned them in and they are awaiting your reward confirmation (the box that comes up and wants you to select a Stim type or something).

This isn't about what happens when you turn them in, this is about that you can't accept more quests until you turn in some of them.
And it's not about having completed them, it's about having turned them in but have not yet accepted the rewards.

So if you've got 10 completed missions in your log, that's no problem.

But if you've turned them in and not accepted the rewards, then you're gonna get hit with the restrictions.

The 3-reward cap already exists but this sounds like they're just plugging a few more holes in it in advance of the expansion.

Dammit Tait!

You posted before I could hit submit!

Edited by Rankyn

This doesn't affect Mission completion (like, they can sit in your log awaiting turn-in). This only affects when you have turned them in and they are awaiting your reward confirmation (the box that comes up and wants you to select a Stim type or something).

I would just like to verify how that affects crew skills missions. they award no experience, but you do generally get 5 at a time and I don't know about others, but sometimes when I'm in a flashpoint or what not - i will send them off for a new missions first and then accept the reward.

I understand that you don't want people exploiting xp gain. I don't see the point, but hey you don't want people to level faster through these particular means - fine.

but I do worry about my current crew skills habits. and how these new limits will affect them

Can you elaborate a bit more?

I just did the Oricon dailies, 10 missions turned in, at the 5th reward I started to take the "near max" warning seriously and saw that I had 997 basic coms. So I bought some isotope first before accepting the remaining mission rewards.

So with this change will I have to accept 3 rewards before I can turn in another mission (i.e. with 10 missions awaiting turn-in I have to click the mission box 4 times) or will the game force me to accept mission rewards, even if it means forfeiting coms that are on the cap (total, weekly)

Does this include pending crafting-missions?

Edited by Mubrak

And it's not about having completed them, it's about having turned them in but have not yet accepted the rewards.

So if you've got 10 completed missions in your log, that's no problem.

But if you've turned them in and not accepted the rewards, then you're gonna get hit with the restrictions.

The 3-reward cap already exists but this sounds like they're just plugging a few more holes in it in advance of the expansion.

Dammit Tait!

You posted before I could hit submit!

I should clarified what I said but yes that's what I meant.

My question is this though; On Oricon for example, when you do the dailies, you can have 10 missions in your log completed at the same time. When you click the drop box, it "completes" all of the missions for which you are at that stage. So if I hit the drop box with 10 missions at once, what happens to the other 7? Does it only complete 3 of them, and I simply need to reclick the box? If so, I'm fine with that. What I would not be fine with is losing the other 7 because I turned in 10 missions at once, and now I'm over the cap of pending rewards.

Look, I think we all see what you're trying to do: stop people from stacking pending rewards before 3.0 drops, and I'm fine with that. I just want to make sure we can still get our rewards for completing and turning in the missions like normal.

If I'm reading this correctly, this is just a change to plug 'exploits' which allow players to use shared missions and group finder to exceed the existing three pending rewards limit, which is already in place and which prevents players from accepting new missions when they have exceed the limit for pending rewards.

I don't think this is a change that would keep players from sending out more than three companions on missions or have to click turn in boxes over and over, only prevent players with more then three mission rewards pending from accepting new missions by having missions shared or using group finder.

Clarification though should be provided as the first statement in the patch notes on this change "The Pending Mission Reward queue now has a cap of 3 Missions" does suggest pending rewards can never exceed three missions, which begs the question of what happens when more than three missions complete at the same time (crew missions / daily terminals).

That's... it? :confused: I mean c'mon, this is the last major patch before 3.0 and associated ocean of bugs hits, what does it mean for tons of stronghold/decoration related bugs that are still there? Broken objects, broken rooms on guild ships, missing decorations etc etc

Sadly, I have to echo this post; the patch notes are really disappointing.

I understand 3.0 is behind the corner and the focus lies on it now. However, there's a "thousand papercuts" related to the last major feature, Housing, and to see them all ignored this way is more than a bit disheartening. Especially since I can't imagine it getting better after SoR, because more likely than not, there will be another thousand papercuts which 3.0 will bring.

My question is this though; On Oricon for example, when you do the dailies, you can have 10 missions in your log completed at the same time. When you click the drop box, it "completes" all of the missions for which you are at that stage. So if I hit the drop box with 10 missions at once, what happens to the other 7? Does it only complete 3 of them, and I simply need to reclick the box? If so, I'm fine with that. What I would not be fine with is losing the other 7 because I turned in 10 missions at once, and now I'm over the cap of pending rewards.

Look, I think we all see what you're trying to do: stop people from stacking pending rewards before 3.0 drops, and I'm fine with that. I just want to make sure we can still get our rewards for completing and turning in the missions like normal.

You shouldn't notice any difference with how you can turn in Missions. You won't be forced to turn it in multiple times (as it does go above 3). If you do see any difference in doing so, please let me know.

You can still have more than 3 but when you have more than that you will hit the "cap" and the limitations will apply, which includes the new Group Finder and Mission sharing restrictions as well as the ones already in place.

Excellent! Thanks for the clarification.

Also, I think this is a good way to address the issues with quest reward hoarding prior to the update.

Clarification though should be provided as the first statement in the patch notes on this change "The Pending Mission Reward queue now has a cap of 3 Missions" does suggest pending rewards can never exceed three missions, which begs the question of what happens when more than three missions complete at the same time (crew missions / daily terminals).

This change DOES NOT affect sending out more than 3 Companions or completing multiple Dailies at a time. The queue does go higher than 3. The "cap" merely means that at that point the restrictions begin to apply. You can still queue up Missions on top of that. The most likely source of stacking over 3 is Crew Skill Missions while you're in a Warzone when you come back to 5 Pending Missions (since they're hidden in the Warzone). You will be hit with the restrictions, but you will simply need to accept them to clear the log.

What happens for Crew Skill missions? Often I'll send out 5 at a time, and all 5 return at the same time (resulting in 5 Pending Rewards pop-up windows).

They will behave the exact same way. They will still stack, and you can still accept them all. You will just be hit with the restrictions until they are accepted.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this with us, Tait.

The line that confused us is "The Pending Mission Reward queue now has a cap of 3 Missions.", since such a cap already exists (can't accept new quests either by mission terminal or NPC) , we assumed there is now a new, harder kind of cap.

Tait, I think it's specifically the use of the word "cap" that is leading to so many additional player questions. A slight rewording of the patch note would clarify the design change.

You have also used sub-bullet points in patch notes before (e.g. for Warzone Conquest Objectives in the notes for Patch 2.10), and I think you could use them here again.

"• The following restrictions occur when the Pending Mission Reward queue contains three or more Missions:

• Players are no longer able to accept Shared Missions.
  • Players can no longer queue for Group Finder when they or one of their party members has three or more Pending Mission Rewards."

The only potential issue I see is the case of 5 crew skills queued while you in a warzone. PvP groups tend to immediately requeue after each completion and I'd hate to see that fail until the crew skill missions are resolved. Once the requeue is accepted, there is usually a delay until the queue "pops" where the existing crew skills can be accepted (and 5 new ones started). Edited by b-morgan

What are the restrictions?

Sorry to be obtuse, but I'm not clear on what the difference is between having rewards pending (which can go higher than 3?) and having the rewards in the rewards confirmation box. I think you could only ever have 1 such box open at a time, right? Closing the box just meant it went back into the flashing Pending icon in the upper right.

This might be a case where a screenshot would be useful :-)

What are the restrictions?

Right now you can't use a mission terminal or talk to any NPC other than a vendor if you have more than 3 pending rewards. After the patch you will also not be able to queue for group finder or accept shared missions.