Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Only the Sith deal in absolutes"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
"Only the Sith deal in absolutes"

Morticoccus
12.26.2011 , 03:28 AM | #31
Well, the way I see it the force basically works because there is both light and dark.

Originally, in its base unused form the force is like a basket full of black and white ping pong balls, if you look at it from afar it looks gray. The forces of growth and decay are doing their own thing, keeping life going and returning death to nature so that life can begin anew.

Then some genius thought "Hey, if I do this I can lift things with my mind" and then the first force users were born. These guys probably used both sides of the force and didn't upset the whole much, until they started the proto Jedi stuff on Tython. These guys separated the light and dark sides and started making moral codes and specific training exercises to streamline force use according to their view of the universe.

What this does is put all the white balls from the basket in one corner and all the black ones in the other.

Then they started a war, bad **** went down and if we fast forward to the end the darksiders got their asses handed to them.

Now all the white balls is still to one corner, so what remains in the basket?

Then the darksiders come back and kick the lightsiders around a bit more, white balls in the basket.

And this continues forever, basically.

Every time one side gets more followers and use more force power, the other side gains that much strength because of the unused force energy that they can draw upon.

This also explains how the emperor could be such a ****** when the entire Jedi order existed, and yet fail to kill Luke when he was one of the few jedi in existance even though he went all overdrive force lightning on his ***.

Anyhow, this applies to both sides.

I think the final boss of the Black Talon flashpoint says it best though "You can no more destroy us than can a shadow the one who is casting it"
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

ViceGat
12.26.2011 , 12:30 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Gozinya View Post
"Only the Sith deal in absolutes" - Obi Wan

This has got to be one of the most broken statements... not only is it an absolute statement in and of itself but also Yoda says to Luke in return of the jedi "Do or do not, there is no try".

I'm sure there are tons more, but those are two off the top of my head.

I've always thought that line was unnecessary, because after he says it, he pulls out his light saber and says something close to, "I will do my duty." Which would have been just fine by itself. But I'm looking at it from a writing point of view, from a philosophical point of view I don't have an opinion.
http://www.ghostgalaxyonline.com/Index.html
Home of the brand new Ghost Galaxy sci-fi universe

Volkova
12.26.2011 , 12:38 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by -kobie- View Post
He's being contradictory about the idea that ONLY SITH DEAL IN ABSOLUTES. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a Jedi, not a Sith, and he apparently deals in absolutes too. I cannot make this any more clear.
Well, actually, if you are saying that Obi-Wan's statement doesn't stand for his personal opinion but for the jedis in general then you are dealing in absolutes. This makes you a sith then. QED.
Only a sith deals in absolutes - I deal in everything else