Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New lv60 crystals in 3.0?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Max_Killjoy
10.30.2014 , 05:38 AM | #61
Why SHOULD they remove stats from crystals?

I still haven't seen much of a real argument made there, just a sort of assumption that it's good.

At any rate, anyone who spent real money on a crystal would have a real reason to never buy an item for real money in SWTOR again. I don't know about demanding a refund, but once bitten, twice shy, for certain.

wiredgutter
10.30.2014 , 06:08 AM | #62
Please don't mess with crystals. As an artificer that put a lot of time getting the pre-CM crystal schematics, I've already been screwed over once. I now have many of the CM colors unlocked, and getting screwed over again would drive me crazy.

There needs to be a hell of a lot better argument than "It makes sense" and "It should be cosmetic". Why exactly? The original KOTORs had some of the most powerful stat increases in the crystals.

SithKoriandr
10.30.2014 , 06:49 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
Why SHOULD they remove stats from crystals?

I still haven't seen much of a real argument made there, just a sort of assumption that it's good.

At any rate, anyone who spent real money on a crystal would have a real reason to never buy an item for real money in SWTOR again. I don't know about demanding a refund, but once bitten, twice shy, for certain.
^This.

Just not a good idea to mess with stats of crystals. Not to mention, some players (me included) may have found the perfect color crystal for our characters, and putting in higher stat crystals now would ruin that. :/

Likely should have left them as just a cosmetic option in the beginning, but that's a bit late now.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

OlBuzzard
10.30.2014 , 07:47 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
^This.

Just not a good idea to mess with stats of crystals. Not to mention, some players (me included) may have found the perfect color crystal for our characters, and putting in higher stat crystals now would ruin that. :/

Likely should have left them as just a cosmetic option in the beginning, but that's a bit late now.
If you stop and think about it ... the +41 stats were / are good for getting through the lower levels of the game a little quicker. BUT once you get closer to end game they are needed (stats are built into the rest of the game that way). I'm certain that the harder raids that are available are also built wit stats that already take into account the specs. that player can and will have with these crystals.

IMHO: best to leave them as they are. Even if the game had a huge expansion released the crystals specs. could be left alone and simply make change in gear / mods. for gear that might be added or changed.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

EricMusco
10.30.2014 , 09:12 AM | #65 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrellma View Post
I believe they said on stream that crystals aren't changing. Don't quote me on that, though.
Oooo, I'm quoting you! Also, you are correct . +41 will remain on all color crystals in 3.0.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

OlBuzzard
10.30.2014 , 09:20 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Oooo, I'm quoting you! Also, you are correct . +41 will remain on all color crystals in 3.0.

-eric
Cool !!
TYVM sir !!!

( I told ya they read this stuff !!)
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Sindariel
10.30.2014 , 09:59 AM | #67
How about throwing crafters a bone by adding +41 mainstat crystals?

They wouldn't be more powerful than the current AP crystals, but artificers would finally have something new to craft.
Click my friend link for a free character transfer, 7 days of free sub and more goodies. Details

Theeko
10.30.2014 , 10:07 AM | #68
Id be for the +41 crafter idea, as long as its not colors from the CM crystals imo.

Brewski
10.30.2014 , 10:09 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
How about throwing crafters a bone by adding +41 mainstat crystals?

They wouldn't be more powerful than the current AP crystals, but artificers would finally have something new to craft.
I don't think we'll see any updates to crystals (outside of color) until they split them into separate mods for color and stat. (Color Crystal has no stats, and Power Crystal with only state but no color) That is further down the road than 3.0 it would seem.

Vashforth
10.30.2014 , 10:21 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
I really think they should add a craft-able item that would increase the item level of a color crystal. That way players can keep their colors and increase the stats of the item.