Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commendations in 3.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.27.2014 , 11:15 AM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
Let me start by saying I did not hear the Twitch Stream myself, so this is all hearsay now, but I'm looking for confimation that this is what we expect based on Friday's stream. I will update this post if anyone has information that invalidates any of it.

1. Planetary and Classic commendations will be eliminated with current commendations rolled into Basic commendations.
    - Presumably there will be a conversion rate.
    - Possibly also a temporary cap removal so that you can have more than the cap after the conversion, but need to spend down to earn more.

2. Basic commendations will now buy all planetary gear as well as entry level 60 gear., which will be 186.

3. You will get to carry your existing Elite and Ultimate commendations into 3.0. There will be no downgrade or conversion of commendations.

4. Elite commendations will purchase 192 gear.

5. Ultimate commendation will purchase 196 gear.

If the above is true, it makes sense to start stockpiling commendations instead of spending them. Why spend Ultimate commendations on 180 gear today when you can spend those same commendations on 196 gear in a little over a month.

Or am I missing something? (Or just plain have it wrong.)

Edit: Modified basic gear tier to be listed at 186.
Good post Brewski!

I wanted to explain exactly how the Commendation stuff will work in 3.0 as I know I still had some questions I was unsure of on the stream. Here is the basic layout of what will happen in 3.0.
  • Planetary and Classic Commendations no longer exist. All current Planetary and Classic Commendations will become Basic.
  • All Elite and Ultimate Commendations that you have will become Basic Commendations. Elite and Ultimate Commendations still exist but you will need to earn them anew in 3.0.
I know there are a few followup questions; what will the cap be, is there a conversion rate, etc. We are still working out details like that in testing but as soon as we have it nailed down I will let you know!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Brewski
10.27.2014 , 11:18 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good post Brewski!

I wanted to explain exactly how the Commendation stuff will work in 3.0 as I know I still had some questions I was unsure of on the stream. Here is the basic layout of what will happen in 3.0.
  • Planetary and Classic Commendations no longer exist. All current Planetary and Classic Commendations will become Basic.
  • All Elite and Ultimate Commendations that you have will become Basic Commendations. Elite and Ultimate Commendations still exist but you will need to earn them anew in 3.0.
I know there are a few followup questions; what will the cap be, is there a conversion rate, etc. We are still working out details like that in testing but as soon as we have it nailed down I will let you know!

-eric
Thanks for the information Eric! That's more in line with what I was expecting, so it's good to have it clarified.

I will update my OP to reflect this.

TUXs
10.27.2014 , 11:19 AM | #23
Good post Brewski!

-eric
Will the caps be raised Eric? Or will you have a one time cap overage allowed like you did previously?
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Loc_n_lol
10.27.2014 , 11:19 AM | #24
Ok that makes a little more sense...

ChroniKill
10.27.2014 , 11:23 AM | #25
Well, that scuppers my plan to be fully geared nice and quickly.

Will the commendation gear be updated to only contain stats relevant to one's function?

Pietrastor
10.27.2014 , 11:25 AM | #26
Boooooooo. Well, I guess we can stockpile for 186 gear on all chars...

DawnAskham
10.27.2014 , 11:32 AM | #27
Good post Brewski!

-eric
Thanks for the information - and for the reset on higher tier commendations. I look forward to seeing more details on conversion rates and any caps or overage allowances as part of the transition.

A quick follow-up if you have the information...

What will happen to the current gear on the vendors (will some disappear or will it all still be available post 3.0), and what level of gear will be available on the vendors when 3.0 hits (e.g. what rating levels of gear will be available for level 55 and 60 on the vendors)?

Also which gear, if any, will allow learning schematics from RE?

Dawginole
10.27.2014 , 11:32 AM | #28
[*]All Elite and Ultimate Commendations that you have will become Basic Commendations. Elite and Ultimate Commendations still exist but you will need to earn them anew in 3.0.
-eric
This is ridiculous. You are in effect devaluing the currency. Ultimate comms were earned doing HM content and should purchase HM gear.

You are creating a new type of "money sink" here in order to drain the populations existing Ultimate comms to force them to do more content to take longer to earn comms that they have already earned in order to purchase gear they should already have currency to purchase.

Why at every turn if there is an opportunity to give your player base the shaft do you take that option?
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

DarkSaberMaster
10.27.2014 , 11:33 AM | #29
Good post Brewski!

-eric
Lol. This is absolute garbageness. So what happens to PVP comms? Do we lose those too?
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

DawnAskham
10.27.2014 , 11:36 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
This is ridiculous. You are in effect devaluing the currency. Ultimate comms were earned doing HM content and should purchase HM gear.

You are creating a new type of "money sink" here in order to drain the populations existing Ultimate comms to force them to do more content to take longer to earn comms that they have already earned in order to purchase gear they should already have currency to purchase.

Why at every turn if there is an opportunity to give your player base the shaft do you take that option?
Expansions that raise the level cap tend to reset gear progression so all players start on an even foot, and all players have to earn new gear through new content.

It would be ridiculous to allow players to stockpile Ultimate commendations from running level 55 SM bolstered Operations tuned for 156 gear to buy the new highest rating level 60 gear in the new expansion with new Operations.