Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about stats on crafted items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Question about stats on crafted items

Brueson
12.22.2011 , 05:21 PM | #1
Ok, so first off, I can't find a search function for forums, thus, sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere.

I have the ability to craft light armor with Shield Rating and Absorption stats on them. I know of no class that wears light armor as its primary that uses a Shield generator. I am unclear on why these stats would be on light armor. Does Shield Rating give you a chance to block damage despite the fact that you don't have a shield? And conversely, Absorption rate is based on shielding something in the first place, yes?

Saldrex
12.22.2011 , 05:24 PM | #2
Sith inquisitors still wear light armor and also wear shield generators as a tank. I believe they use the word glance in the scrolling combat text instead of shield though but is based off of shield stats.

TylerrDurdenn
12.22.2011 , 05:28 PM | #3
Dont smugglers use it?

Saldrex
12.22.2011 , 05:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TylerrDurdenn655728
Dont smugglers use it?
Smugglers should have access to medium armor.

Brueson
12.22.2011 , 05:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Saldrex655567
Sith inquisitors still wear light armor and also wear shield generators as a tank. I believe they use the word glance in the scrolling combat text instead of shield though but is based off of shield stats.
This I was unaware of, but the main question still stands. If you don''t have a shield equipped, do shield related stats give you anything?

Rawrjulian
12.26.2011 , 10:56 AM | #6
no it does not