Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

12x XP bugged? (Juggernaut / start Chapter2 pre Taris)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
12x XP bugged? (Juggernaut / start Chapter2 pre Taris)

Kazra
10.18.2014 , 02:07 PM | #1
After getting my juggernaut in the 30s last weekend, I noticed an issue today.
Finished chapter 1 / start of chapter 2 and at first happening I just thought I misslooked something.
So when finishing the talk on DK and on the ship afterwards before the flight to Taris I paid attention closely to the quest finsh and the actual XP - quest said there ll be 140k XP granted. I got 15k XP (as it would be probably usual without the 12x bonus)

Anyone else noticed this?

Tiranea
10.19.2014 , 01:43 PM | #2
Yep, I've noticed this on my Sorc. Seems that every time I complete a class mission on my ship the 12x XP bonus isn't actually applied (even though it lists 150k or whatever in the quest reward pop-up).
My personal SWTOR Fan Blog: Going Commando

Kazra
10.19.2014 , 01:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiranea View Post
Yep, I've noticed this on my Sorc. Seems that every time I complete a class mission on my ship the 12x XP bonus isn't actually applied (even though it lists 150k or whatever in the quest reward pop-up).
I ll see if I can repeat that on a lower level toon, so it doesnt "hurt" as much XP-wise... also worth a try to have the quest window pop up on ship, but not accept it until you re off the ship to see if it happens then aswell or actually not (aka teh bug is bound to the ship and not to certain quests)

EDIT: I had to file my ticket about this again as the other one got lost. They already said they forwarded it to the specific dev team and it might take a while to get back to this as it seems to be a difficult bug.

Tiranea
10.19.2014 , 02:53 PM | #4
I just had a chance to test this (as the Sinquisitor has quite a few class missions that end on the ship). Sadly waiting to accept the quest reward until I had zoned down onto Belsavis didn't seem to change me only getting the "un-boosted" XP numbers.

Dragondog
10.19.2014 , 05:46 PM | #5
I have several times seen a lower XP amount noted on screen when XP is awarded, but I have been awarded the full 12x XP anyway. How do I know? Mostly because I have leveled and I wouldn't have leveled with the amount of XP listed on the screen.

You can also check how far the XP bar has moved after you got the XP as well as compare the exact amount of XP you have as that info is listed.
SWTOR Referral Link for new and returning players. Add 7 days of SUBSCRIPTION and other good stuff.

Tiranea
10.20.2014 , 12:03 AM | #6
It's definitely not just a visual glitch, the fact that my XP bar hardly moved every time I handed in a class misson on the ship is the only reason I noticed in the first place (as I generally don't pay much attention to the numbers on screen). After four or five instances of this while trying to level purely through the class story I'm also noticeably falling behind on XP in general.

Kazra
10.20.2014 , 11:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
I have several times seen a lower XP amount noted on screen when XP is awarded, but I have been awarded the full 12x XP anyway. How do I know? Mostly because I have leveled and I wouldn't have leveled with the amount of XP listed on the screen.

You can also check how far the XP bar has moved after you got the XP as well as compare the exact amount of XP you have as that info is listed.
Its not just a visiual bug and Im not talking about the fly-text of the XP, but rather what you can watch on the XP bar.
I reached lvl37 earlier and after finishing the quest marked with 140k XP I only was 28k XP in progress from which some I already had through simple kill XP

sherrice
10.20.2014 , 11:59 AM | #8
Must be a bug specific thing because I've gone through both the warrior and the inq story during this 12xp and any xp that is says it'll give, it gives.

You guys try resetting your ui just to be sure?

Kazra
10.20.2014 , 12:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by sherrice View Post
Must be a bug specific thing because I've gone through both the warrior and the inq story during this 12xp and any xp that is says it'll give, it gives.

You guys try resetting your ui just to be sure?
It seems kinda random to me - I tried out my Inqui (she was lvl50 before the x12 XP already, but still has some class quests undone) and also my Sage (lvl51, regular class quest done, just Ilum and Makeb left) and on both it workes quite fine. No not granted x12-bonus.
Kinda confusing

Kazra
10.20.2014 , 02:56 PM | #10
Little (strange) update on my side - my ticket got finally answered and basically said: "Looked into it - Nothing wrong there"

Now the strange part: after the look into by csr the XP bar shows the amount of XP it should have aka 170k progress instead of 28k... I got screenies of this and might post them when I find a way to.
I did no leveling on that toon the last two days since the bug occured.
And in between now and then there was several relogs, game restarts, computer restarts, different toons logged in etc.

Soooo just a display bug???

I didnt dare to try to lvl on the Jugg again because I wanted to have the CSR see it actually.