Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How come all flashpoints after BT are so dull?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
How come all flashpoints after BT are so dull?

Irxyyy
12.26.2011 , 07:26 AM | #1
BT was a lot of fun, I played it 8 times to explore all options, listen to dialogs with different group members etc, very refreshing after other mmos.

And then I played Hammer Station. Almost zero plot and dialogs, linear and boring, basically a typical mmo instance so unlike the SW ToR feeling I got to the point. Ok, I thought, maybe its just unfinished or something. So I played Athiss. And Mandalorians-something... I guess there is no chance the remaining flashpoints are going to be more interesting?
// believing is bleeding

Hessen
12.26.2011 , 07:33 AM | #2
Wait till you get to Foundry
Twisted
EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
16m Raiding Guild - Recruiting

ruminate
12.26.2011 , 07:47 AM | #3
Foundry was just as dull(don't get me started on the way they handled Revan. And the unprofessional cinematic bugs at release... my god... /sigh)
Every FP is just a long, narrow gauntlet of enemies with a boss at certain checkpoints.

JaelanMustal
12.26.2011 , 07:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ruminate View Post
Foundry was just as dull(don't get me started on the way they handled Revan. And the unprofessional cinematic bugs at release... my god... /sigh)
Every FP is just a long, narrow gauntlet of enemies with a boss at certain checkpoints.
I haven't gotten to foundry yet, I haven't played enough, but I understood that Revan ended up being something of a cop-out...disappointing, to say the least.

Hessen
12.26.2011 , 07:56 AM | #5
I've enjoyed all of the Flashpoints, from a story, fun, and difficulty point of view.

I'm not really sure what people were expecting from them.
Twisted
EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
16m Raiding Guild - Recruiting

Mormack
12.26.2011 , 09:51 AM | #6
I've enjoyed the ones after BT. I'm very thankful that not all of them have that level of dialog. That would get old quick in a group setting.

ademnus
12.26.2011 , 09:56 AM | #7
I feel like we've been had.

Showing us BT in the developer vids made us think this was how FPs would be.

Then we got something else.

After BT/esseless, FPs are just hack and slash boring wow instances. Im really disappointed. I run them once to snag a piece of loot and then im done.
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

ademnus
12.26.2011 , 09:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mormack View Post
I've enjoyed the ones after BT. I'm very thankful that not all of them have that level of dialog. That would get old quick in a group setting.
1) that's what spacebar is for

2) if there were enough dialogue choices that changed both story and content, it wouldnt get old at all.
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

Haecceity
12.26.2011 , 10:14 AM | #9
I'm also at the point where I've done Black Talon, Hammer Station and Athiss. My groups for both Hammer Station and Athiss both agreed that those dungeons were quite terrible. If this is a pattern, then, frankly, this reeks of an Age of Conan style bait-and-switch. Fingers crossed for higher levels...

Mormack
12.26.2011 , 03:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
1) that's what spacebar is for

2) if there were enough dialogue choices that changed both story and content, it wouldnt get old at all.
That is exactly why it would get old. Space bar is not a solution because you have to wait up on other people. There is plenty of story in the current flashpoints. Not everything needs a dialog wheel. Let's also think for a moment. I for one am thankful these don't have all these dialog wheel choices. It gets old. I'm in there to experience the story a couple of times at most. After that I'm there for loot. I don't care about the story and it's annoying if you get that one guy who won't space bar and you have to wait for him.