Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is the Seneschal's Pack higher priced?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is the Seneschal's Pack higher priced?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdrianDmitruk
10.15.2014 , 01:44 PM | #111
I had stocked up on cartel coins (10k Monday night) in anticipation of getting 2 hypercrates. No doubt Bioware was expecting me to plunk down another $40 to absorb the price increase, and still get the two hypercrates.

Instead I just spent the coins I'd already bought; I chose instead to absorb the price increase by receiving less product (about 1.5 hypercrates), as I imagine quite a lot of people who had already bought CC in anticipation of the new packs (and expecting the 4.5k price) did.

If Bioware thinks they can make as much money with the new prices, there might be a bit of a flaw. I'd never really bought packs before GSH, only occasionally an armor set or something with coins saved from my sub/security key stipend. I bought the new shipment packs pretty much for the nice decorations (and got the centerpiece drop from each of the first two packs--the second shipment gave me 2 of the giant crystals too). But now with a 92% stronghold bonus, my decorating is almost filled out and what few individual items I still want, I'll just farm credits for on the GTN.

I think Bioware will find that a lot of people who had been spending beaucoup bucks on the new packs, and thus driving sales much higher than expected, are nearing saturation in terms of decorating. Which means that our capacity to absorb an increase back to the "historical" price is probably about to fall off a cliff. I'd consider buying another hypercrate next payday to fill out the remaining 8% at $40, but not for $60, especially when there's a substantial chance I'll get more of the same drops instead of new, unique ones.

I'm not upset or QQing about this. I'm just pointing out a headwind that Bioware might not be fully expecting when experimenting with the hypercrate prices.

I did get the altar of skulls, multiple ceiling tormented cages, and a very unusually high number of cartel certificates (10!) but no Revan statute. Given that patience will see me with Revan centerpiece statutes in 1.5 months anyway, not too concerned with the latter. I wasn't aware of the hunter's table or holo table until someone linked them upthread, and those will have to be GTN purchases for me.
Huttball Season Ticket Holders | Huttball Ticket Scalpers
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Star Forge (originally from Begeren Colony)
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff

DreadtechSavant
10.15.2014 , 02:40 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAmaru View Post
This deserves an answer.

I assume the pack contains the same amount of items as the past two packs.
Had a 24 pack, well there are more items per pack, just thought it was worth saying that. Does that make it worth it? guess each individual has to decide that for themselves.

EricMusco
10.15.2014 , 03:50 PM | #113 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
I think we all enjoyed the lower pricing of the previous stronghold packs (210 CC vs 300 CC) for each pack and 4536 CC vs 6480 CC for the hypercrate. Is there a particular reason the prices were raised to the old higher prices for this pack?
Hey folks,

I talked with our team to get an answer to the adjusted price. The first thing to keep in mind is that our pack prices can fluctuate, both up and down. Even within a specific shipment, each pack is subject to its own pricing. In this case the pricing of the early packs in the shipment were at a reduced rate. Even though the price of the Seneschalís Stronghold Pack is 300cc per pack, this is still cheaper than the standard pack pricing we had previously at 320cc per pack. I apologize for any confusion around pack pricing.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
10.15.2014 , 03:52 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I talked with our team to get an answer to the adjusted price. The first thing to keep in mind is that our pack prices can fluctuate, both up and down. Even within a specific shipment, each pack is subject to its own pricing. In this case the pricing of the early packs in the shipment were at a reduced rate. Even though the price of the Seneschalís Stronghold Pack is 300cc per pack, this is still cheaper than the standard pack pricing we had previously at 320cc per pack. I apologize for any confusion around pack pricing.

-eric
Eric I think the previous pricing you had for the first 2 packs in this shipment were the best valued in terms of packs and hypercrates, and I know yall have yall's number but I think if you went back to that pricing more CC would be bought and spent.

Just my opinion from someone who loves the CM.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Deewe
10.15.2014 , 03:56 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
But now with a 92% stronghold bonus, my decorating is almost filled out and what few individual items I still want, I'll just farm credits for on the GTN.

I think Bioware will find that a lot of people who had been spending beaucoup bucks on the new packs, and thus driving sales much higher than expected, are nearing saturation in terms of decorating. Which means that our capacity to absorb an increase back to the "historical" price is probably about to fall off a cliff.
Theyr'e working on a new Stronghold, but my guess is it won't be that efficient to fight the saturation. Most people won't invest that much in a second one even less a third one but maybe as a bonus filler for conquest.

Now to prevent this instead or only adding new strongholds, they should add new rooms to existing ones.
  • Who would not like to have a rancor filled cave or a Sith altar in the basement?
  • How about a crystal dome room on top of the building?

Adding more rooms would certainly make players want to open and furnish them
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Reno_Tarshil
10.15.2014 , 03:58 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Theyr'e working on a new Stronghold, but my guess is it won't be that efficient to fight the saturation. Most people won't invest that much in a second one even less a third one but maybe as a bonus filler for conquest.

Now to prevent this instead or only adding stronghold, they should add new rooms to existing ones.
  • Who would not like to have a rancor filled cave or a Sith altar in the basement?

I'd like a Jabba type room for my Tat House with a staircase leading down to a rancor pit.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

AdrianDmitruk
10.15.2014 , 04:15 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post

Now to prevent this instead or only adding new strongholds, they should add new rooms to existing ones.

They're working on a new stronghold? Where'd they say that? Last I heard they had said "no new strongholds with 3.0," which is when I unlocked Tatooine.

Ironically, the 5-rooms-free Nar Shaddaa stronghold was my third, not my first, because I wanted to go against the flood of everyone rushing for that one. I decorated Coruscant and DK first--but over time my third one has probably seen the most investment.

I'd love an actual docking bay/starship hook on the capital worlds though. Yes please expand existing strongholds too, maybe that would be a good way to fight decoration market saturation.
Huttball Season Ticket Holders | Huttball Ticket Scalpers
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Star Forge (originally from Begeren Colony)
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff

Deewe
10.15.2014 , 04:24 PM | #118
Hey folks,

-eric
Eric, whatever BioWare idea, at 300CC a pack or 6480CC a crate you guys are are hitting a psychological barrier. Especially as one has to buy more than 5500CC to get an hypercrate.

Then I looked at what I got from all the packs and honestly it ain't worth $60 i.e. a brand new AAA game.

You guys indeed got my $$$ but did not make a happy customer in the process.
So while I spent that much, I won't spend more, and felt a bit ripped off too.
Whereas with lower pricing I did not mind giving you more money to, hopefully, make a better game.

Again nobody forced me to buy the packs, still thing is I don't feel like it was a fair trade.

Finally, please enough with the Cybernetic gear, the Socorro weapons, and the pale dyes and plastic looking crystals.
Nobody wants them, they don't sell. I just trash them and it's frustrating to get that junk out of the packs.
As getting the reputation tokens instead of items when we are already caped or don't care about the items we can get from the reputation level.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Atirac
10.15.2014 , 04:26 PM | #119
Hey folks,

-eric
I must say you would make a great politician. To say so much and not answer the question.

Yes I understand you guys can make the price whatever you want.....So....Just say that. lol
Life goes on, nothing stays the same, especially in a mmo.

Darth_Wicked
10.15.2014 , 04:46 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Atirac View Post
I must say you would make a great politician. To say so much and not answer the question.

Yes I understand you guys can make the price whatever you want.....So....Just say that. lol
Practicing in the meantime, before running for office.

Between saying something and nothing at all, the end-result would have been the same.

In other words, NEVER, EVER expect consistency when it comes to the Cartel Market; RNG is RNG.