Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upcoming Maintenance - 10/14 and 10/15

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Upcoming Maintenance - 10/14 and 10/15
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
10.13.2014 , 01:34 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that we will be having two separate maintenance periods this week: one on Tuesday, October 14th, and one on Wednesday, October 15th.

Tuesday, October 14th

Duration: 1.5 hours
Time: 7AM PDT (2PM GMT) - 830AM PDT (330PM GMT)

This downtime will only affect SWTOR.com. Game servers will not be impacted.

Wednesday, October 15th

Duration: 4 hours
Time: 3AM PDT (10AM GMT) - 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

This downtime will include an update to the Launcher and the Game Client. Game servers will be unavailable for the duration of the maintenance. Formal Patch Notes will be posted during the downtime.

Thank you for your patience!

-Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

PavSalco
10.13.2014 , 03:35 PM | #2
Oh please, say that you are going to fix the infinite loading screen that occurs every time a player gets disconnection.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=755289
It's been like that for 3 months and it discourages people from playing swtor. I personally don't get a lot of disconnections but it's frustrating for others when they have to restart the game every couple of minutes instead of simply reconnecting.

I believe you care deeply about the amount of people playing the game, but things like that aren't helping to maintain their number.
Not a subscriber, just a referral
$15 for a monthly 1 hour single player ain't worth it

TravelersWay
10.13.2014 , 03:44 PM | #3
Is this update for 2.10.2, and will Eric give us a heads up as he mentioned about the slot machine being available on the vendor for 1 credit as he said it will be and would?
Level Syncing Compromise
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons]

Wretched Hive Recap - the SWTOR forum (and more) discussion show!

Tatile
10.13.2014 , 03:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TravelersWay View Post
Is this update for 2.10.2, and will Eric give us a heads up as he mentioned about the slot machine being available on the vendor for 1 credit as he said it will be and would?
I thought I'd missed that! I've been so confused.

I was also confused by the dates and then I remembered they do it wrong on that side of the pond...

Also would it kill you to use a 24-hour clock?

TaitWatson
10.13.2014 , 04:09 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TravelersWay View Post
This is not 2.10.2 - that is next week.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TravelersWay
10.13.2014 , 04:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
This is not 2.10.2 - that is next week.
Perfect, thank you!
Level Syncing Compromise
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons]

Wretched Hive Recap - the SWTOR forum (and more) discussion show!

Banegio
10.13.2014 , 07:10 PM | #7
Couple of questions

Since game launch players have a general understanding that Tuesday is the regular maintenance day. Base on that expectation, guilds/groups tend to schedule raids/activities between Wednesday to Monday. Over the years, there have been numerous downtimes happened on Wednesday (some urgent patches, some "scheduled"), and it seems to happen more often on Wednesdays in recent months. Should players adjust their expectations and avoid scheduling activities on Wednesday?

Previously we were told that "scheduled maintenance" would be communicated to the players by Friday the week before. Has that changed?

Bare in mind that Wednesday is popular due to it being the first day after weekly reset. And there are some less-hardcore guilds/groups who only schedule activity for one night a week.

primetheous
10.13.2014 , 07:45 PM | #8
does this mean the seneschal's pack will not be available until Wednesday now ?
I received an e-mail stating it was due on the 14th so just wondering
MMO'ing for the older generation since 1998
Drax'cashile 55 operative: Shiva'nyx 55 sniper: Prime'zalek 55 sorc: Blake'torben 55 merc: Virax 55 jug: Thanna 55 marauder: Zavina 55 sorc
Lumin'kaarz 55 smuggler: Torben'kane 55 trooper: Yasmal 55 sage: Yazmil 55 sentinel

ShenLongKazama
10.13.2014 , 08:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by primetheous View Post
does this mean the seneschal's pack will not be available until Wednesday now ?
I received an e-mail stating it was due on the 14th so just wondering
I hope tuesday.
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる
------------------------------------------

Darth_Wicked
10.13.2014 , 09:33 PM | #10
Plenty of us received a mail last week stating the pack would be released today, October 14th.

No reason to think otherwise, seeing packs don't require a patch to go online in the CM.