Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Newb here: Why is the new expansion not free for subscribers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Newb here: Why is the new expansion not free for subscribers?

The_Grand_Nagus
10.11.2014 , 11:48 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by FumikoM View Post
Who are you talking about, the OP? I'm not a "him", so I guess you meant the OP.
Nope, I was definitely talking about you. Sorry for getting your gender wrong, but that doesnt change the fact that its stupid to claim "everyone loses their minds" when the OP clearly is calm and composed.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Jaxtes
10.11.2014 , 12:21 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
Nope, I was definitely talking about you. Sorry for getting your gender wrong, but that doesnt change the fact that its stupid to claim "everyone loses their minds" when the OP clearly is calm and composed.
are you crazy this the forum for a video game knee-jerk response is the norm here.
Do you expect a well thought out retort or something.

BrianDavion
10.11.2014 , 03:22 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by ghoul_drool View Post
Many, MANY people would have paid the $ 20 for that 12xXP alone.

this. A lot of people would gleefully have paid fior the 12x XP alone

Cordelia
10.11.2014 , 03:36 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
this. A lot of people would gleefully have paid fior the 12x XP alone
By that logic giving everyone an instant level 55 would also be popular. Only Bioware could spin even faster levelling through the game as a pre-order 'bonus'

OlBuzzard
10.11.2014 , 03:42 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by --Morpheus-- View Post
The Rise of the Hutt Cartel was free. Forgive my ignorance I've only been playing for 3 months. This is my first mmo and I only took the plunge because its StarWars. I had been considering pre-ordering so that I could level a bunch of characters that I thought I'd probably never get to. Then it occurred to me that I might have to drop the 20$ regardless if I wanted the expansion. Now I'm almost certain that's the case. I'm also certain I didn't pay for the last expansion so what gives? Also, why can't we buy the new expansion via cartel coins?
IMHO ANY true "expansion" should not be free. Updates and the things that they do to maintain the game is paid for via our subs. I GLADLY pay for expansions!! There is no such thing as "FREE". Somebody has to pay for it!

(sorry ... just an old man with some very old fashion ideas here)
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

The_Grand_Nagus
10.12.2014 , 08:47 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxtes View Post
are you crazy this the forum for a video game knee-jerk response is the norm here.
Do you expect a well thought out retort or something.
Of course not. I'm just calling out some stupid comments. And while you may think that is the norm, there are actually more rational replies in this thread than stupid ones. So its not that they are the norm, it is just that they stand out more than the rational ones. But that is a problem with your perception, and does not represent reality.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME