Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please Consider Adding a Solo Version of Forged Alliances

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please Consider Adding a Solo Version of Forged Alliances
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
10.06.2014 , 05:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
Oricon give five pieces with fairly rubbish stats. See my post above for an estimate of the costs of acquiring gear through GTN.
That gear is not rubbish. It's more than enough for Tactical Flashpoints.

The minimum for those is 148 AR. Oricon rewards you with gear which is 156 AR.

Quote:
156 gear also might not be enough. Two DPS characters, with DPS companions (maybe one could be changed to healer) and good enough skills to manage both themselves and their companions might do it. But I very much doubt I could have done it with my brother by just companion gear upgrades. DPS companions aren't that awesome.
You could use healing companions, in addition to the courtesy med stations. Bosses don't enrage during Tacticals and healer companions don't break CC.

DomiSotto's Avatar


DomiSotto
10.06.2014 , 05:11 PM | #22
Quote:
I think your information may be a bit out of date. 168 gear is bought with elite comms, which are obtained from doing tactical flashpoints through GF or various weeklies in daily areas. Ultimates get you 180 gear. Still, getting comms via solo play is extremely slow.
I am just mixing up the names of the comms. Still, doing Flashpoints involves grouping, Tactical or not, and Weeklies always include a Heroic or two, on any planet I have been so far. If you do not do a Heroic, you do not get Weekly drop, and that means your comms accumulate in a geological time scale.

I found that a 156 cost about 25-30 thou to craft per piece between Berrylius/Maytag and 9 Mats, if you have Artificer, and Cyberteck to 450. That's how I geared my L55 char - Black Hole for credits at about 70 thou per day revenue generation to buy Beryllius and Augments 28 + Unranked PvP for Brutalizer relics. Day after day, week after week.

DomiSotto's Avatar


DomiSotto
10.06.2014 , 05:16 PM | #23
As for soloing Oricon for 156 gear.. Well my all 156's, fully augmented char (and swapping to min/maxed 158's) and companion in 140-156 (not augmented, Treek) just got through nerfed Makeb, and I got killed every time I did not notice that a group had 2 golds. Seeing that Oricon is harder than Makeb, I do respect those who would go there to grind 156 set in 140 or 148 gear. I really do. I would not be able to do it, I am certain of that on a DPS.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
10.06.2014 , 05:21 PM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
I am very excited about the upcoming Expansion, but I was wondering if there is a discussion of a possibility of producing Forged Alliance Story Arc in a solo version some time after the release (as there obviously will be a lot of things to fix and fin-tune!), so a solo player could eventually play through the story and meet the characters that seem to be an important part of the expansion.

EDIT: And no rewards/drops of any special significance, obviously

Thank you!
Funny you should mention that, we are actually going to do that very thing! It is really important as we head into Shadow of Revan that players have seen the Forged Alliances storyline. Although we will certainly never force you through it, we want to make it so that if you haven't played through it, you have an opportunity to see the whole storyline, even by yourself if you choose!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DomiSotto's Avatar


DomiSotto
10.06.2014 , 05:22 PM | #25
I love BioWARE even more! I did not know it was possible Thank you million times!!!!

ialyxxiieee's Avatar


ialyxxiieee
10.06.2014 , 05:27 PM | #26
While you're at that why not add Seeker/binoc missions to the to-do list.
Prosperity Makes Monsters,Adversity Makes Men
Vesanne 55 Kinetic Combat55 Balance
"That was close, I almost surrendered completely to peace and pacifism, How repundant" - HK47

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
10.06.2014 , 05:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
I love BioWARE even more! I did not know it was possible Thank you million times!!!!
Well, it would seem you're bound to get your wish. For that, my congratulations.

DimmuJanKaarl's Avatar


DimmuJanKaarl
10.06.2014 , 05:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Funny you should mention that, we are actually going to do that very thing! It is really important as we head into Shadow of Revan that players have seen the Forged Alliances storyline. Although we will certainly never force you through it, we want to make it so that if you haven't played through it, you have an opportunity to see the whole storyline, even by yourself if you choose!

-eric
Wow, this is something I have been looking for since day one. In my opinion, all content should have a "solo" option so those of us who play for story content and/or simply like to run solo have more options. Yes, I know, it's a mortal sin here to ask for such a heretical thing, but many people seem to think, incorrectly in my opinion and i assume that of the OP, that "MMO" *has* to mean something more than many people playing the same game. Nothing about the "MMO" classification to me means "group content is required". Sometimes, more often than not, I just don't want to play with other people. I don't mind and often enjoy talking via pm and on rare occasion in gen chat (depending on the level of vitriol) while I enjoy the content on my own, and that's what MMO means to me. Playing an online game that many other people are also playing. I wanted for a very long time to see the conclusion of the Dread Masters series and it took seemingly forever and a day to get that done, largely dealing with horrible attitudes of other players trying to get through the ops. No thanks. Just give me a solo version and I'll leave you ne'er-do-wells alone and you can leave me alone to enjoy the story. And personally I find the attitude of "no, you have to play the way we want to play otherwise you don't belong here" really insulting and sophomoric to say the least. The fact that I want to run content solo in no way affects experience of other players. To me the idea that "if everyone doesn't group then no one will" is a strawman, by and large because it infers that the majority of players play because the content available is largely group-only. That's tantamount to saying that if the game were completely group-optional people would stop playing and I just don't see any evidence of that, nor would that make any logical sense whatsoever. I think what draws players in is *choice*. I can tell you that the fact that I am forced to group to experience certain content automatically puts myself and others in a bad mood, or at least armed for bear, expecting the worst from other players from the onset of the activity given the overwhelming popularity of horrible behavior in group activities in this game -- inb4 "you're not forced to do anything": no i'm not forced to play, per se, but i have no in-game alternative in order to experience the story content; inb4 "just watch the stories on youtube": simply begs the question "why play at all?" to experience the content in-game from the player-character's perspective; does that really have to be explained? inb4 "just join a guild.": from the perspective of someone who wants to largely experience the content on a solo basis, this makes zero sense, in terms of asking for the option to play solo. Yes I can join a guild to talk to other players; that does nothing to change the fact that I want to run content on my own.
**Von-Gorgoroth Legacy** [[Jedi Covenant]] LIVING LEGEND
||MASTER CRAFTSMAN|| //Founder// :: -LEGENDARY-
Main: Dimmu'jan-kaarl 65 Watchman Sentinel

Clarian's Avatar


Clarian
10.06.2014 , 05:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Funny you should mention that, we are actually going to do that very thing!
NICE! Very glad to hear it.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
we want to make it so that if you haven't played through it, you have an opportunity to see the whole storyline, even by yourself if you choose!
Sounds great to me!

Slithers's Avatar


Slithers
10.06.2014 , 05:31 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Funny you should mention that, we are actually going to do that very thing! It is really important as we head into Shadow of Revan that players have seen the Forged Alliances storyline. Although we will certainly never force you through it, we want to make it so that if you haven't played through it, you have an opportunity to see the whole storyline, even by yourself if you choose!

-eric
This is really cool. This shows just how much BW cares about the player base.

Well done BW!!
Squadron 11-11-11