Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for REAL customer support..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Looking for REAL customer support..

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PatchesOfPlenox
12.26.2011 , 07:57 AM | #1
Normally, I'm not one to complain the forums. As a matter of fact, it's been 4 days and 4 customer support calls later that I even posted this. This is indeed a QQ thread. The customer support I've received thus far is just terrible. Let me lay it out for you. On the 23rd, I opened a ticket for a character restoration, due to my nephew deleting it while I was in the shower. Believe it or not, forum users, that's what happened and not what this thread is about. I opened a ticket as soon as I got out of the shower explaining the problem. Here is the basic jist of the whole situation...

Day1 (23rd, 11:30PM - CSR: "Jennifer"): Ticket has been up since 2 in the morning. I call Customer Support, wait on hold for 1.3 hours. Finally get in, and get told "I'm escalating your ticket to tier 3 support, and it should be addressed within 24 hours." Okay, I can handle 1 day, especially if it's actually had something done to it.

Day2 (24th, 11PM - CSR: "Gabby"): Ticket still not addressed, not even a confirmation email. "Gabby" informs me that some one has actually been ASSIGNED to my ticket, and is currently in the process of getting it restored. "You're eligible for the restore and we current have some one who is assigned and working to restore it right now". Great! Won't be long now!

Day3 (25th, 12:30PM - CSR: "John"): I call, John answers. The first one who sounds like a native English speaker. I don't care where my CSR happen to be from, it just helps to not have to repeat my sentence over and over. That's just being picky though. He informs me that "your ticket has not been escalated to tier 3, I'm doing that now and this is the first time it's happened..I'll add a CSR note here that you've been waiting 3 days now and that you confirm that we can delete the character who reserves your name and replace it with the restored character". Wow, John. You were actually HELPFUL. I thought.

Day3.5 (25th, 1:30PM - CSR: "Paul"): I went to check on the ticket status, because when John worked on it, it showed up as "locked". The first ticket activity I've have in 3 days..Guess what though? Now it's not even in the list...Paul says they still have it in system though..Even reads it to me for proof. He also escalates it to Tier 3. Seems to be a lot of levels to the "tier 3 support team".

Day4 (26th, 7:30AM - CSR: Who knows? Didn't speak clearly..): I get informed that it's once AGAIN being escalated to tier 3. What is this? I start to get frustrated with him. I know that's not right, I've worked in the same field. Dang it though, I just want some information. I've been told the same thing, every time. "Some one is working on it; it should be no more than 24 hours; Escalating to tier 3...repeat". I just want some information, or some results.

So here I am. Stuck at the EXACT same place I was when I opened the ticket on the 23rd. I've heard nothing different, not once. It's always the same. This is just ridiculous the amount of hassle I'm having to go through to even get a straight answer. I still can't even see ticket in my request help window. I had the unidentified CSR give me the ticket number (which I remember is not the same as the original....) so future inquiries will go faster.

Maybe you guys aren't terrible at making games, as a matter of fact, I'm upset because I'd like to play. I was in a guild who I enjoyed playing with, had friends, stuff that I've collected, and was well on my way to level 50.

You are however the worst MMO support I've had since Warhammer Online (They didn't even really HAVE support...). Sorry for the downer, but I just can't see any other way to express the way your support is makin' me feel about it.

It would be really nice for a CSR here who can give me some results, or perhaps some different information. I have been polite for 3.5 days, and am trying to remain so. I don't mean to insult, but I'm frustrated, and rightfully so. I'm paying for a service that I am unable to use....Time is money, and it feels like I'm wasting both.

For a possible CSR, the ticket #: 1662813

Please, any information other than what I already know would be nice. Even better would be results.

Alexsama
12.26.2011 , 08:02 AM | #2
Well for the record what WAS the problem anyways...
ERROR CODE 7 WARRIOR

PatchesOfPlenox
12.26.2011 , 08:03 AM | #3
If you read, it says it clearly. My nephew deleted my character while I was in the shower.

Thenego
12.26.2011 , 08:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
Wrong
His issue has been brought up to level 3, god knows how many times now.
Guess what? They're NOT going to resolve this at the higher level ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND.
Customer is being completely unreasonable and impatient. It will get resolved, but customer needs to learn to be patient.
I don't see how working with CSR, writing a completely polite post in the customer service forum, and waiting after 4 days is unreasonable and impatient.

I digress... I hope your problems are fixed and the customer service of Bioware uses these forums to better their policies and customer relations.

PatchesOfPlenox
12.26.2011 , 08:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
Wrong
His issue has been brought up to level 3, god knows how many times now.
Guess what? They're NOT going to resolve this at the higher level ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND.
Customer is being completely unreasonable and impatient. It will get resolved, but customer needs to learn to be patient.
Okay, I can see your point. Lets go there for a moment. It's been brought up to level 3, god knows how many times now. Why was it brought down at all? Why do I have to call every day to make sure it's still there? Why did it get removed from my ticket window? Those issues are still there, holiday weekend or not.

As it stands now, I have no idea if the ticket remains open or not without calling. You're asking me to have faith in their support, which I don't. I've spoken to their CSR, I was not impressed. I've had one tell me he didn't even know what an in-game ticket WAS. I don't give some one my money and then just have FAITH they're going to wash my car. I expect to at least have an idea of when and how it's going to happen. Heh, at this point, I'd go for "if" it's going to happen. Like I said, can't see the ticket.

Sejia
12.26.2011 , 09:08 AM | #6
Hello,

We have removed some rude and off topic posts from this thread. Please remember to keep posts on topic and polite.

Thanks guys!

PatchesOfPlenox
12.26.2011 , 09:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sejia View Post
Hello,

We have removed some rude and off topic posts from this thread. Please remember to keep posts on topic and polite.

Thanks guys!
Thanks kindly. Appreciate it.

Aryean
12.26.2011 , 09:32 AM | #8
I read through this entire thread and hats off to Customer Relations for removing some of what I personally consider some of the rudest replies I have ever seen.

You have been more than patient while trying to get this resolved and I sincerely hope they get this fixed for you soon. I had the same issue in another MMO and it took 2 weeks to get that resolved.

I hope it doesn't take that long for you.
The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity Is that Genius has it's Limits.

Viitto
12.26.2011 , 09:59 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello PatchesOfPlenox,

Iíve looked into the issue you have reported thoroughly and can indeed confirm that the character restoration process is in progress. Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen circumstances it is taking longer to restore the character than would be expected.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that account sharing, even with members of your family, is strictly against our TOS. Please avoid doing such in the future to avoid situations such as this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Alexsama
12.26.2011 , 10:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by J1-D1 View Post
Hello PatchesOfPlenox,

Iíve looked into the issue you have reported thoroughly and can indeed confirm that the character restoration process is in progress. Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen circumstances it is taking longer to restore the character than would be expected.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that account sharing, even with members of your family, is strictly against our TOS. Please avoid doing such in the future to avoid situations such as this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Hats off to J1-D1 for timely responding!
ERROR CODE 7 WARRIOR