Are there any changes that can be made to current companions to give them more appeal

LordArtemis

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now I think about it, I kind of wish for a harem option for romances, but that might be a bit much considering that they're sticking with Western Standard definition of romance...

And that's another thread.

Other things now that I think of it:

Change Jaesa's VA-ing. LS her sounds like she's always trying to sound tough (and failing, even pre-recruitment) and her DS voice just grates my nerves.

Maybe more often letters, throughout the game instead of two from the romance options you take. And the 'mailing the crafted item' letters, I would love if they had a bit of the character to them.

Yeah the companion "kits" as they were rumored to be called during beta (it was before my beta time) made companions uniquely customizable to fit the role you needed to complement the player character. I would also love comp skill trees and/or advanced classes.

Originally companions had something called kits i believe and it would change their role. Im not sure if it even made it into beta but i remember a dev talking about it. I do wish companions had at least a dual role either dps/healer or dps/tank

In regards to the companion death thing it didnt make it out of the first beta test when everyone started ************ about even though you were given multiple warnings it was permanent.

Some people were ticked when they stopped letting them kill them. It would be good for them to be dual role. I would like to see them have a set of skills that you could pick from your own chrs.

Yeah the companion "kits" as they were rumored to be called during beta (it was before my beta time) made companions uniquely customizable to fit the role you needed to complement the player character. I would also love comp skill trees and/or advanced classes.

That would be cool.

Realistic things I'd like to see done with companions...

Allow players to spec (or toggle like treek) companion roles, with each companion filling at least two roles, possibly all three.

Copy / paste the existing companion abilities to reduce the work if needed, but allowing flexibility with respect to the role a companion can fill would be the priority over having special unique abilities added for each companion.

I would love to see roles for companions as plugins, something like the appearance items they use.

Allow players to use an appearance kiosk to customize their companions just as they would themselves, obviously not letting players change race or gender but allowing them to change anything already in the game files.

This is a big one for me. I would rather see companion appearance items removed, and instead make them role plugins...naturally they could be limited roles. Instead, I would like to see the ability for us to unlock appearance design for each companion.

Or they could continue to use the appearance items as they do, and just allow us to unlock the appearance designer for each companion if we wish, so we have options.

Allow players to select from a list (use each one once per character) of set crafting bonuses such that players could select the crafting bonuses for their companions that match their crew skills.

I also think that making the bonuses generic, something like what they are with Treek and HK would work here instead of the specific bonuses OR in addition to the specific bonuses is a good idea. Could be something like....

Crafting results +1

Crafting efficiency +1

Mission results +1

Mission efficiency +1

Or something along those lines.

Standardize companion stats, maybe not to the extent of Trooper companions (which all use heavy / Aim), but certainly something like force companions of a willpower user would all use willpower while all tech companions of an aim user would use aim.

I would be ok if they did this, but would not require it.

I also think all companion armor sets granted to players as you get the companion should be level 1 orange adaptive armor, even if its locked to the individual companion.

So, in short....

1) Unlock appearance designer for each companion.

2) Crafting and mission bonuses made generic to match any choice the player makes, even if they retain current bonuses as, well, a bonus.

3) Make all initial companion armor sets orange adaptable armor.

(...) I also think that making the bonuses generic, something like what they are with Treek and HK would work here instead of the specific bonuses OR in addition to the specific bonuses is a good idea. Could be something like....

Crafting results +1

Crafting efficiency +1

Mission results +1

Mission efficiency +1

Or something along those lines. (...)

Errrrrrr... No. Absolutely not.

Not only that would kill unique bonuses associated to a character's backstory but it would also be detrimental to anyone with plenty of characters to go around.

Plus, if people want part of what you suggest, they have HK-51 and Treek already. No reason to go overboard with it.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Errrrrrr... No. Absolutely not.

Not only that would kill unique bonuses associated to a character's backstory but it would also be detrimental to anyone with plenty of characters to go around.

Plus, if people want part of what you suggest, they have HK-51 and Treek already. No reason to go overboard with it.

I disagree. The unique bonuses would still exist. And I don't see how adding universal bonuses would be detrimental in any way. Quite the opposite.

HK and Treek comprise two total comps....don't forget the ship droid with the plugin. So one COULD argue that three already exist, and we only need two more.

Something I enjoyed with KOTOR I and II was the crew interactions with each other.

We have a lot of off-screen ones, like Vette annoying Quinn, or Mako and Torian dating, but I want to have a chance to see those. Or have companions walk around miming at each other (or generic, scripted convos like "reports" and "look into medical equipment" and "Tell that droid to shut up!") So make the ship feel live.

T3 in the KOTOR games moved around, which helped make the ship feel 'alive' ish. Ish.

Ooh! Conversation, even repeating ones, for the ship droids. "Master, I have painted the ship interior. Same color, only fresher!" "You do that too often."

Yes, lack of companion banters is surprising given that Bio always had it before. :confused: Chances are it was sacrificed to develop 40 PC sequences, since none of the Bio games of old carried that high of a companion load. Edited by DomiSotto

Yes, lack of companion banters is surprising given that Bio always had it before. :confused: Chances are it was sacrificed to develop 40 PC sequences, since none of the Bio games of old carried that high of a companion load.

Maybe when first released, but since then they've added things (makeb) that companions comment on, so they could have scripted those banters and just had the comps wander the ship, triggering the banter.

I would like to see companions active on our ships. I think our ships could use an overhaul of sorts....especially now that Strongholds is out.

Absolute agreement here.

But I read on a suggestions forum thread suggesting a personal ship rehaul-thing, but someone said something about the programming being so intertwined that they don't want to touch that mess anymore than they want to.

Which makes me kinda sad, because we're pumping money into the system.

• 3 weeks later...
Absolute agreement here.

But I read on a suggestions forum thread suggesting a personal ship rehaul-thing, but someone said something about the programming being so intertwined that they don't want to touch that mess anymore than they want to.

Which makes me kinda sad, because we're pumping money into the system.

I read that as well.

They pointed out that the sitting mechanic breaks after a few uses, but resets every time the ship respawns so most don't even notice. I also read that they fear breaking the mission triggers for both your story and the crew storylines.

Despite that I still strongly feel a complete ship overhaul is in order. If I was in charge, I would pick one class, one ship, and try to redo it from top to bottom and see how it turns out.

A muzzle for Treek would make her more appealing. That and a choke chain. Good tank...but the squeal gives me headaches. Maybe they could make meals like the ones that increase your Presence. Only these would shut her up. Something like a peanut butter sandwich with super glue:eek:

A muzzle for Treek would make her more appealing. That and a choke chain. Good tank...but the squeal gives me headaches. Maybe they could make meals like the ones that increase your Presence. Only these would shut her up. Something like a peanut butter sandwich with super glue:eek:

Control-S.

Thank me later.

I would also like companion emotes

Like /companionclap would result in "khem val claps"

The closet we have is companion dance

Those would be fun. Or /companion talk and they repeat whatever little comment on a place they made, but you missed because of combat or lag, or something.

Those would be fun. Or /companion talk and they repeat whatever little comment on a place they made, but you missed because of combat or lag, or something.

Yes, I would like to see companion emotes. Especially threaten emotes, highlight someone and have them get the message "Khem Val threatens to consume you..." as he points at your target. hehe.