Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How to get a refund...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alexsama's Avatar


Alexsama
12.24.2011 , 02:37 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Philnoob View Post
I'm glad you cant play... cba with you running into walls for 15mins after a loading screen and holding up parties...


Learn to read next time... BW should not have to fix your problem.. you had a year to make good your PC...

Man who falls in hole becomes wiser.
I would probably play solo given my playstyle in any case, and if it was a party I would be leading a bunch of people willing to handle my "situation". I am not that mean man it is a MMORPG after all.

TehWoodchuck's Avatar


TehWoodchuck
12.24.2011 , 02:44 PM | #142
I have an XBox360 Game that wont run in my PS3.
I want a refund because I didnt pay attention and buy the right software for the hardware I have...

TomWhiting's Avatar


TomWhiting
12.24.2011 , 03:16 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexsama View Post
Yes, but what MAKES it "incompatible"?
EVERYTHING
Your entire system is incompatable with the game
You can't upgrade a laptop for the most part (sure, you can add more ram, more hard drive, but that's about all).
Time to stop whining, get out there and BUILD a new pc, or buy one either way.
Your laptop purchased 6 years ago running an obsolete and outdated OS is NOT going to run this game. Get it through your head

Quote: Originally Posted by Alexsama View Post
THAT would be unlikely...
Actually, that would be very likely, considering the tech of phones today.
Based on processor alone (dual core), most phones today would eat your PC for a snack, then spit it out. Memory? Not so much, but phones don't need massive memory for the most part

Quote: Originally Posted by TehWoodchuck View Post
I have an XBox360 Game that wont run in my PS3.
I want a refund because I didnt pay attention and buy the right software for the hardware I have...
Yeah, that's basically what we've got here. OP doesn't like that the system locked their game because IT DOESN'T MEET POSTED REQUIREMENTS, and just can't grasp up to date technology.

BTW:
Skyrim doesn't "run" on your rig, it stalls. 2-3 FPS is NOT playable anywhere. You've got great games. Now, get off your tail end and buy a new pc (not a laptop, they won't EVEN come close to PC's for gaming) already.

Illorien's Avatar


Illorien
12.26.2011 , 01:33 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Um, no. Sellers are NOT "required" to offer refunds for purchases. Maybe in some places, but not everywhere. Most places only require that IF a seller offers refunds (or exchanges) they must post their policy in store and/or on your receipt, and abide by the posted policy.

Most sellers do offer refunds/exchanges, so as to keep their customers happy, and thus keep their customers. They can restrict them in any way they choose, whether they say "no refund or exchange without receipt" or "no refund or exchange of opened items" or any other restrictions they care to make, including "refunds only on products purchased during a blue moon". How many days they allow for refunds is also entirely at their discretion. And if their policy is "no refunds", then you don't get a refund, period.

Go look at your receipts. The refund policy for Fry's is not the same as at Best Buy, neither of which is the same as at Target, and none of them are the same as at "Joe's Computer Shack" with the "All Sales Final" sign on the wall behind the counter.
No.
In EU for example, you have 7 workdays to apply for a refund on online orders, starting from the day you receive your product/service, and you don't need to declare any reason. Know your rights. TOS doesn't matter. Trade laws are above it.
Proud Decemberite

Blackstang's Avatar


Blackstang
12.26.2011 , 01:41 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Illorien View Post
No.
In EU for example, you have 7 workdays to apply for a refund on online orders, starting from the day you receive your product/service, and you don't need to declare any reason. Know your rights. TOS doesn't matter. Trade laws are above it.
You are nuts. That isn't how it works.

Illorien's Avatar


Illorien
12.26.2011 , 01:44 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackstang View Post
You are nuts. That isn't how it works.
O'rly?
I do know a bit about trade laws.


http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citiz...s/index_en.htm
Proud Decemberite

xKnuckLe's Avatar


xKnuckLe
12.26.2011 , 02:33 AM | #147
the way i see it, you go to a golf course and pay for a round of golf. You come back and you have golfballs and a minigolf putter and try to play. They dont let you on because its a joke and will effect the other people trying to play a serious round of golf. You get mad because you say you can play no matter how many times it takes you to get it in the hole.
[ConjureD]
-sniper/assassin-
<Suspiria>

Viitto's Avatar


Viitto
12.26.2011 , 03:52 AM | #148 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexsama View Post
Note: I had to edit this because of all the flames abound... As noted later I am only at this point looking for game time freeze of 30 days or simply for EA Games to unlock Error Code 7.


Basically I am having problems with the game locking me out only because I am sub min spec via Error Code 7: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=35738

Dell Inspirion 9300 (2005)
1.73 GHz Pentium 740M
2GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA 6800 GO 256MB with Shader 3.0 Support
17Inch 1900x1200
Windows XP SP2

Unless they unlock Error Code 7 and allow below min spec to play I am out USD for a game.

I am willing to give peace a chance and wait as long as required for EA to fix this however if this is an official policy not withstanding I would like some sort of solution. I would like some sort of a compromise such as deferred game time (perhaps in the form of a game time card) because I am wasting away the free 30 days.

No worries... However if you do know if it can be done please let me know and maybe I will attempt to use more time trying to contact Customer Support.

Hopefully that isn't a problem...



Edit:

Minimum Specs according to http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2029
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
Graphics Card: ATI X1800 or better* nVidia 7800 or better* Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support


Wikipedia Entry on Dell 9300:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspiro...#Inspiron_9300

On NVIDIA 6800 GO:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce...P_GeForce_6800

To make the case on the processors (mine vs min):
http://ark.intel.com/compare/31728,27590

To make the case on lack of TOS disclaimer and not meeting min spec (Error Code 7 lock)
http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/termsofservice
http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct


Greetings Alexsama,

Thank you for contacting us concerning the refund policy.
We would suggest that you please submit a ticket to support@swtor.com.
Our Customer Service Representative will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Excypher's Avatar


Excypher
12.26.2011 , 04:14 AM | #149
I think its pretty terrible that someone asks for advice on something and the majority of answers are sarcastic and rude. What is wrong with you all?
Your not being helpful your being spiteful.

This is for all the people that try to bite back after this comment,
Get a life
<Imperium> @ The Red Eclipse

Alexsama's Avatar


Alexsama
12.26.2011 , 04:27 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by J1-D1 View Post


Greetings Alexsama,

Thank you for contacting us concerning the refund policy.
We would suggest that you please submit a ticket to support@swtor.com.
Our Customer Service Representative will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.


Hello thank you for the post I am back at my computer now. I will go do that thanks. For the record I have nothing against BioWare, and do wish to play the game of course it looks good, however in the future it would be a bit nice to make these things a bit more clearer for dense humans such as myself. Historically min requirements on any other game MMORPG or otherwise have been a "if you are below we cannot assure you the game to work" not a "if you are below: The game has a built in feature that may lock you out".


No matter I do appreciate the discussion here...


Indeed it is so...
ERROR CODE 7 WARRIOR