Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Player Experience Challenge

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
New Player Experience Challenge

Storm-Cutter
08.28.2014 , 04:39 AM | #11
Can't say I'm the best pilot in every match, but my chars would welcome a rookie wingman on occasions - I play on the Progenitor - sometimes at off-peak times-, but I'd would be willing to mentor with Mumble. PM any of the chars in my sig and I'm sure we can fix something up.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Calsetes
08.28.2014 , 10:46 AM | #12
I suck at GSF - not horribly bad, but I'm no Top Gun - and while I wouldn't want to mentor someone in-game, I did post a nice control spec sheet and my tips (AKA "things I do when I play") on a forum I use when one of the other few guys there who plays Star Wars was not having luck in regular PvP now that he's been "tier promoted." Hopefully he gives it a try and likes it more than he thinks he would.
The average person thinks he isn't.
-Anonymous

zaskar
08.31.2014 , 08:09 PM | #13
bump for the weekend crowd.

Paetheas
08.31.2014 , 11:20 PM | #14
The real problem is that skill isn't much of a factor for a very long time until you can buy a top tier ship and fully outfit it. GSF is about the ships, not skill.

Caernos
08.31.2014 , 11:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Paetheas View Post
The real problem is that skill isn't much of a factor for a very long time until you can buy a top tier ship and fully outfit it. GSF is about the ships, not skill.
I see your claim and refute that ship trumps skill with this thread.

Can you Really do Well in a Stock Ship?
Cynfor Cinderheart and the Cinderheart Legacy: The Ebon Hawk
The FanFic Works of Caernos:
Red Invitation, Parents,
Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts

Verain
09.01.2014 , 12:32 AM | #16
This is crap, and the link to Drako's thread proves it.

You would only say this if you had not much skill or gear. If you had either, you'd know the truth.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

zaskar
09.01.2014 , 03:10 AM | #17
Paetheas, you'll be welcome, if you can find a mentor to show you the errors of your thinking.

Magira
09.01.2014 , 04:02 AM | #18
Sorry, that's nonsense. I just finished my third level GSF Toon and am much better than I ever was with the first and mastered ships with the third with unmastered ships.
What is true, however, that there is no reason for this type of Progress in PVP. If you want exciting and fair fights should think more about a system like the handicap in golf. Rules of the competitive sports are out of place in a game, you'll have to be based on popular sports.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

Paetheas
09.01.2014 , 05:36 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
This is crap, and the link to Drako's thread proves it.

You would only say this if you had not much skill or gear. If you had either, you'd know the truth.
Lol. Spoken like a person that enjoys farming two ship players with a full stable of maxed out ships. Because being able to get hit 10 times before your shields fall and being able to 1 or 2 hit new players from twice their effective range is pure skill, right?!

If you guys had any reading comprehension you will notice I said skill plays a very small factor when one player is brand new and the other has full ships. I am very skilled but this game isn't like a first person shooter, fighting game, or rts where skill is basically all that matters. This is a game where the player with more time spent(and therefore better ships and gear) will almost always win unless they just go afk and let the 2 ship player turret them for a full minute.

Paetheas
09.01.2014 , 05:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by zaskar View Post
Paetheas, you'll be welcome, if you can find a mentor to show you the errors of your thinking.
The problem is that I am stuck using the two starter ships with the starter weapons until I can save enough comm's to get new stuff. I am already skilled at the actual game mechanics.