Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are Some Conquest Missions Counted Across Legacy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are Some Conquest Missions Counted Across Legacy?

Khevar
08.31.2014 , 09:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
We have enough complaining about the conquest system now. Can you imagine the cries if players with 3, 4, 5 or more alts could give a single guild credit and the appropriate conquest points to a single guild for each of their alts?
Ah, I get what you're saying.

It wouldn't bother me personally, as it this is the sort of game that rewards having lots of alts. And it would theoretically encourage more time actually playing the game.

Of course, "kill 250 npcs" on a planet 25 levels below max is sort of silly and too easily exploitable. Anything that was changed from "once per legacy per week" to "once per character per week" should (in my opinion) be limited to activites actually relevant to the character level.

jboehm
08.31.2014 , 09:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
The flip side of being able to complete those objectives with multiple characters, each in a separate guild, is allowing multiple completion credit for a single player with multiple alts in a single guild.
So? Where's the problem?

If I do a random group finder HM 55 flashpoint on toon X I'll get points, then if I do a random group finder HM 55 flashpoint on toon Y I'll get points. So where's the harm in killing 250 NPC's on toon X and getting points, then killing 250 NPC's on toon Y and getting points? Or killing 25 guard turrets on toon X and getting points, then killing 25 guard turrets on toon Y and getting points. You're putting in the work either way, and not abusing the system. People with more alts will always be able to get more conquest points overall than a person with only one toon.

After reading DawnAskham's post (see below), I now understand why some conquest objectives are counted legacy-wide. It is like this as a matter of dev convenience, not because it was intended. I am bringing this up in the hope that the devs can somehow correct this so that all conquest objectives are tied to individual toons, rather than having a couple tied to legacy. This is not just a matter of convenience, but a matter of necessity for those players who have toons in multiple guilds. Please address this, devs.

DawnAskham's explanation:
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
The conquest system only awards points by tying them to an actual mission (completion of the mission triggers the award of points) or by using the achievement system (completion of the 'acheievment' triggers the award of points).

Unfortunately, the achievement system was designed to count random objectives at the legacy level, not at the character level, so conquest objectives being tracked through that system are completed by legacy.
Tayren