Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A day in the life of a melee character...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A day in the life of a melee character...

dudebroproguy
12.26.2011 , 01:43 AM | #1
Strolling across the hutball map, my character prowling around searching for a high value target.

I close in on a sorcerer that is channeling lightning at another player (his health decreasing exponentially), and I think to myself, wow, I should probably do something to stop this guy's free casting.

I open up with my flurry of attacks, the sorcerer, already having a pre-casted ion bubble, simply absorbs the first three of my attacks. Because of this, he simply continues casting his channeled lightning at whomever crosses his path.

By the time I get off actual damage numbers on the sorc, I am knockbacked, rooted for 3 seconds, and slowed. (no problem, I can force sprint back, oh wait I'm rooted.)

The sorcerer continues to cast channeled lightning to targets (their health decreasing exponentially).

I close the distance on the channeling sorcerer again, only to find out that his shield debuff is finished, and he is already absorbing my next flurry of attacks. at this point, I pop a damage cooldown and he focuses his attention toward me.

He stuns me, I trinket, close the distance, and continue to flurry my attacks. At this point, I get him to around 3/4, he instant whirlwinds me, runs away, and now chooses to focus his channeled lightning on me (my health decreasing exponentially). Now I have no gap closer, my sprint is on cooldown, I have a dot on me, and my health is decreasing at a rapid pace. slowly but surely, i catch up to the channeling sorcerer.

i'm in melee range, about to unleash a flurry of attacks when the sorcerer decides to knock me back once more, bubble himself, and channel his lightning. at this point, my health is below 25 percent and the sorcerer laughs as his friends come to aid him in my demise.

balanced.

CHRISGG
12.26.2011 , 01:44 AM | #2
Don't play a melee class if you're a clicker. Really, really common knowledge by now i'd think.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Reenolols
12.26.2011 , 01:46 AM | #3
Has happened to me zero times. I tend to interrupt chain lightning and use my cc properly.
Reeno: Nub 70+ Operative | Reenow: 55+ Marauder
Reenopt: 53+ Powertech |Belgoth's Beacon|

Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reeno23/videos

snuff
12.26.2011 , 01:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
Don't play a melee class if you're a clicker. Really, really common knowledge by now i'd think.
yeah playing a melee class requires a lot more talent then playing a ranged. but that has NOTHING to do with what he just said.

I don't have much problem closing and keeping the distance with my Jugg, but those bubbleboys do have a way of getting away right before they die over and over and over :P

CHRISGG
12.26.2011 , 01:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by snuff View Post
yeah playing a melee class requires a lot more talent then playing a ranged. but that has NOTHING to do with what he just said.

I don't have much problem closing and keeping the distance with my Jugg, but those bubbleboys do have a way of getting away right before they die over and over and over :P
It doesn't require "a lot more talent," it simply requires you to not click because otherwise you won't get a single spell off for very obvious reasons. Unless having the basic fundamentals down is "a lot more talent" or something.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

xPVTx
12.26.2011 , 02:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
It doesn't require "a lot more talent," it simply requires you to not click because otherwise you won't get a single spell off for very obvious reasons. Unless having the basic fundamentals down is "a lot more talent" or something.
There are no "spells" in this game.
You say no forced PvP. I say no forced PvE.......P.V.T. <BOT>

Nykes
12.26.2011 , 02:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Reenolols View Post
Has happened to me zero times. I tend to interrupt chain lightning and use my cc properly.
If he is casting on you face, you are doing something terribly wrong.
GM of Blackwater

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"