Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Guide

Ozkaros
12.13.2011 , 08:03 AM | #1
Huttball is an amazing warzone, but until players realize some of the strategies involved it can be a bit frustrating. To try and help out I wrote a short guide that will help new players learn some of the most important aspects to winning in Huttball.

Oz's Huttball Guide
Quote:
1. Use /raid to talk in Ops channel. /pvp is cross faction and enemy can see it. /general anyone on your faction (including other team) can see it.

2. If you have the ball run to the ENEMY spawn location. Not your own.

3. Stay on the ball. Protect your carrier and kill theirs.
Exception 1, getting in a good spot for a pass or going after someone who is in a good spot for a pass.
Exception 2, being ready for a ball reset.

4. When you die the ball goes to the enemy team.
Pass it before you die or throw the ball away to reset it.

5. Pay attention for when the ball resets.

6. The best ball runners are tanks and SI/JC. Force speed is a huge advantage when holding the ball.

7. Use Guard/Shield ability and heals on your ball carrier.

8. Mark out enemy healers with raid icons.

9. You have to use the ramps to score a goal. You can't run through the big fences.

10. If you get the ball anywhere near your sides goal line or ramps, jump into the pit or throw the ball to no one and reset it.
Do not die and give them the ball in a location they can easily score from.

11. The air vents can work great if you point yourself in direction you wish to go and back into them. Does not always work but usually does.
The safest way to avoid bad vent placement is to not use them and just run around to the ramp.

12. Don't go into the acid or fire.

13. Knockback, pull, and stun enemies over the fire.

14. Save your stuns for when enemy ball carrier is over a fire trap.
If they build up enough resistance before they try to cross it will not work.

15. Pay attention to enemy players on the platform on your side of the arena or near your spawn point. They may be positioning for a pass. Engage them and burn them down immediately or force him to abandon that position. Do not just run past them.
Sith Assassin - Tank
Worlds Ablaze

Riamu
12.13.2011 , 08:21 AM | #2
Very basic knowledge that people should pick up within in first couple of games playing Huttball, but never the less good infomation for window lickers.
Master Cha'li
Pazaak All Stars | Lord Calypho EU

Ozkaros
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #3
You'd be surprised at how many people in the beta weekends didn't seem to have a clue as to what was going on in huttball and instantly decided they hated it.
Sith Assassin - Tank
Worlds Ablaze

Riamu
12.13.2011 , 08:28 AM | #4
Aye for sure mate, lots of people I spoke to didn't understand Huttball atl all...
Master Cha'li
Pazaak All Stars | Lord Calypho EU

Foamslinger
12.13.2011 , 08:30 AM | #5
Good guide, short and to the point. Covers the basics!

Myonly issue is the air vents, if I were writing the guide I would've told people to just stay the F away from them or not mentioned them at all. To me they are just there to waste the ball-carriers time.
jumpshot - nubicide legacy
<shoots first irl>
videos: How to Huttball: Juggernaut Ilum Mass PvP

Banafys
12.13.2011 , 08:31 AM | #6
Pay attention to enemy players on the platform on your side of the arena or near your spawn point. They may be positioning for a pass. Engage them and burn them down immediately or force him to abandon that position. Do not just run pass.

Ozkaros
12.15.2011 , 11:11 AM | #7
Scoring tips can be found on page 2 of the source url.
Sith Assassin - Tank
Worlds Ablaze

Blazzen
12.15.2011 , 11:31 AM | #8
I haven't had a chance to play a hutball game since beta so I'm wondering if same factions can still play against each other like they could in beta. I'm mainly asking due to the 2:1 ratio of empire to republic. If empire can go up against empire in hutball then the faction imbalance shouldn't matter as much for queue times.

Sorry for the off topic question but an answer would be appreciated!
Yunky, Sith Sorcerer <Hands of War>
Blazzen, BH Mercenary <Hands of War>

Ozkaros
12.15.2011 , 02:31 PM | #9
Yes same faction is still in for huttball. On Prophecy of the Five its almost all we (empie) play. Hopefully more people start rolling Republic to even things out a bit.
Sith Assassin - Tank
Worlds Ablaze

Brilderee
12.26.2011 , 02:41 AM | #10
does holding the ball at the end when time run out win you the game if its tied?
Operative
<Death Wind Corridor>