Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orange gear base stats

fievelgoespostal
12.25.2011 , 11:35 PM | #1
Do all orange blasters for example, have the same base stats? Is there any reason to use a new orange blast I pickup from a flashpoint( other than it has better mods)? If I used the same exact mods in an orange blaster I pick up from the Mandalorian flashpoint and the orange blaster I pick up from a level 40-50 flashpoint, will they be the same?

And secondly, does any orange gear have augment slots?

surferdudeman
12.26.2011 , 12:30 AM | #2
I believe the base stats are the same so that you can wear what you think looks cool and still have wonderful stats to go along with it.

TrooperSev
12.26.2011 , 01:54 AM | #3
all orange items are fully customizable. If you took out all the mods there would be no stats on it.

Blasters main dmg stat comes from the barrel mod. Look at a barrel mod. It will say something about a rating. That's the dmg lvl it will do when slotted in an item. If you like the way a certain orange blaster looks, as long as you keep updating the barrel, you could use it til level 50 and beyond.

Myself, I picked up a orange offhand blaster that I really liked around lvl 13. I'm still using at lvl 26 because i've kept the mods updated and it outshines any drops I've had.
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."