Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Spoiler* Who did you choose? (Trooper)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
*Spoiler* Who did you choose? (Trooper)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FabulousDoctor
01.09.2014 , 11:38 PM | #81
It was mentioned a little up, but the whole reason I picked Elara was because of how Jorgan reacts if you ask him why you should pick him. He gets offended and insults Elara's abilities and acts like he's entitled to it. Overall, Jorgan is a very childish character. Elara details her abilities and her knowledge to get her promotion - moreover Jorgan's whole Act 1 character arc is how he is bitter and angry about being demoted, while Elara's is that she deals with extreme discrimination with a smile and by the book, because that's the right way to do it.

The fact that when you pick Elara, Jorgan gets a conversation where he A. asks why you chose her over him when you're dating, then B. calls you blind for missing how unqualified she is, then C. Tells you you've 'made the wrong choice' just proves it.

Jorgan is a whiny baby, not promotion material in the least.

Heat-Wave
08.24.2014 , 02:12 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverfar View Post
It's obvious why this is in place: promoting a woman because she sleeps with you is very, very corrupt.
It is? It sounds like a smart choice on the woman's part.

All joking aside, I worked for a company about 10 years ago that ended up firing the head of operations because he was sleeping with one of the employees under his dept and he promoted her over other people with more experience. No proof of course that it was because they were having an affair, but that was what everyone was saying.

And yea, he was married as well.

She got to keep her position, I'm sure the company didn't want to get sued.

Xakthul
08.24.2014 , 05:46 PM | #83
Elara, simply because she had to put up with even more sh*t than Jorgan did. In my headcanon, Havoc's new chain of command goes like this:

Me > Elara > Jorgan > Yuun = the Weequay guy > Forex

My 'additions' to Havoc end it up like this:

Me > Elara > Jorgan > HK = my starfighter crew = Yuun = Weequay guy > Rusk > Zenith > Corso > Iresso
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Xariann
12.27.2015 , 11:58 AM | #84
I guess this is a really old topic, but for the sake of not creating another one saying the same thing (and it's nice for people with the same question to see what others did) I will respond here.

This is actually my second Trooper, rerolled the first one but I did get to the point where I could promote either Dorne or Jorgan.

First time I picked Dorne. Jorgan treated me like crap when he was the senior officer and when I asked him to make his case, he just whined. I understand that there was cause for him to do that. But... when his sniper team gets captured all he has to say about them is "careless." And when Iresso mentioned him on my consular, he really couldn't stand Jorgan. So obviously he is not someone who would inspire troops.

Now I am about to make that decision again. Will I pick Dorne again? She goes a bit too much by the rulebook. But, she also questions people who think they are above the law to the point where she will abandon her family and endure a lot of crap to prove her loyalty. I feel her unwavering moral compass *could* inspire troops, at least to be efficient, whereas her paperwork-happy attitude might not...

But then, maybe that's something she can learn while being second in command of my Squad, under an officer who wants to get the job done but isn't necessarily following every rule from the book. She is not being asked to be the CO.

Jorgan? Yes, he got demoted unjustly maybe... but I am not sure he is officer material either. I know in real life officers don't necessarily win popularity contests, but if both myself and someone else (from a in-game perspective) thought he was a pain, then maybe he needs to learn a thing or two about command before he starts preaching me as he does at the beginning.

josephinec
12.27.2015 , 02:07 PM | #85
My trooper picked Elara because she felt she was far more qualified than Jorgan and overall a better leader than him.
Imagine how she felt when her boyfriend yelled at her for picking the better officer.
If I already wasn't locked into his romance with my trooper, I wouldn't have had her romance him after that.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Ebon Hawk, Red Eclipse, Progenitor, Harbinger, and Shadowlands.

h_weber
12.31.2015 , 03:48 PM | #86
Jorgan, hands down. My favorite companion of the Trooper class. He gets along much better with my more down and dirty, run straight into a fire fight trooper. I see Dorne letting regulations getting in the way in the long run of missions. It's a plus that he dislikes Tanno Vik as much as I do. His

SithKoriandr
12.31.2015 , 04:57 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by h_weber View Post
Jorgan, hands down. My favorite companion of the Trooper class. He gets along much better with my more down and dirty, run straight into a fire fight trooper. I see Dorne letting regulations getting in the way in the long run of missions. It's a plus that he dislikes Tanno Vik as much as I do. His
I thought that was one of the reasons Elara was the better choice for my Trooper. She kept her inline, or at least a voice of reason. Kirk and Spock! The tried and true partner combo!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

E-Zekiel
01.03.2016 , 10:09 PM | #88
Jorgan is the better leader of the two.

While Elara is a good, forthcoming and stand-up person and a good subordinate, she demonstrates a lack of key leadership qualities to me - relative to Jorgan, that is.

The fact I plan to bone Dorne had nothing to do with my decision (because it shouldn't).

ZanyaCross
01.04.2016 , 01:27 AM | #89
I love Elara but in the end it was Jorgan.

He got a raw deal being made the scapegoat for the original Havoc Squad's defection so it was really a matter of correcting an injustice done. Besides that, while both are about equally qualified, I get the impression that Elara is a little too by the book, while Jorgan would bend the rules a and defy the odds a bit more to see the right thing done, which is how my Trooper tends to be.

Highborne
01.04.2016 , 06:48 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by PepiDeto View Post
At the beginning of Act 2 you have to choose who to promote to your XO, Elara or Jorgan. I am just curious as to who you chose and why?

I chose Dorne to see if it had any effect on the romance story arc.
I chose Dorne - her obsession with forms and procedures can be put to use, that way (instead of irritating me no end in the field). Jorgen always seemed to prefer action.