Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upcoming Tank - What should I prepare for 50/55?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Upcoming Tank - What should I prepare for 50/55?

fire-breath
08.10.2014 , 03:25 AM | #11
Ohw one more thing. Its only a small change but please note that if you upgrade certain pieces the following armor pieces will provide you the highest armorrating and therefore the most amount DR.
- Chest
- Head
- Legs

The gloves, feet, belt and bracer all have less armor.
1 disclamer, I havent checked if this is the same for all classes but it goes for shadowtanks at least
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Srh - Shadow Tank

PugsloveHP - the 50k HP commando DPS/healer

AAAAzrael
08.10.2014 , 06:48 AM | #12
Same for all classes.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Joshased From Beyond / Dread Slayer Xartanol
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

slafko
08.18.2014 , 04:04 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
2. What gear/commendations should I save up in preparation for hitting 50, and then what should I save up on in preparation for 55?
I've used a DPS legacy armor set when leveling my Juggy tank from 50 to 55 and I've leveled it via flashpoints. This got me some Black Hole (lvl 50) earpieces and implants. Which is great, because those flashpoints used to drop Tionese and Columi stuff. Everything on that Juggy was dps, except for the shield. Had no problems tanking said flashpoints as gear bought with Classic Comms is overgearing for that content.

In preparation for lvl 55, I have saved some pvp comms - enough to buy me two Obroan relics. Once that was out of the way, next I saved up on Ultimate comms to get my 180 shield.

Rest of the gear was transferred via legacy armors and consists mostly of DF token gear with Kell Dragon headpiece. Farming operations = win.

Your first priority should be getting set bonus armorings. But... If you have loads of Ultimate comms on your older characters, you can use those to buy vendor 180 gear and transfer it over to the new guy. While set bonus is an great thing to have, everything up to and including DF/DP HM can be successfully tanked in 180 gear from the vendor. Which basically means you can dive in and roll for 180 set bonus pieces straight away.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

JouerTue
08.18.2014 , 07:20 AM | #14
everything already said seems correct to me.
considering that you roll a jugg it might not be the case, but trade/buy a clicky PVE relic, i find it very useful on shadow or VG as extra defensive cooldown during fight with heavy spikes.
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr