Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamescom 2014 Q&A ( Dulfy.net )

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gamescom 2014 Q&A ( Dulfy.net )

Elminster_cs
08.16.2014 , 01:35 PM | #11
Quote:
They are aware of the situation with Rated PvP and have discussed solutions. Cross-server PvP is certainly not coming 2014 and would be an enormous undertaking if they did it. Cory Butler said At this moment, they are narrowing down the solutions for Rated PvP
I would like to know what kind of solutions they are narrowing....

Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Projawa
08.16.2014 , 01:36 PM | #12
I disagree with BW's belief that people just want fast queues. People also want to face different players who are as good or better than they are. At some point you end up fighting the same opponents every day and you eventually figure out their strengths/weaknesses/tendencies. The only way to fix this is the diversity of a larger pool. And the only way to a larger pool is tons of returning players, getting more people to try pvp who otherwise wouldn't, and x-server.

Tatile
08.16.2014 , 01:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Even with fast queues I would like to have cross server GSF and PvP, especially ranked PvP, so that people can compete across servers. And of course I really would like to have some kind of cross server huttball league! So, I don't get why BioWare think people are not interested in cross server when the queues would be faster, but they rarely seem to get what players really ant anyway.
I don't PvP (why do people have to be so mean to each other q.q), but I think something like an Official Huttball League would be really cool, with team names, and then the winning team of each season can have their own logo (designed within reason) released as a jumper at a novelty Huttball vendor. And you can have little Huttball trophies for your flat, and Huttball bunting. And there could be a league table on the website and you can go up in ranking and arrange matches - either within the server, or cross-server (for the Galaxy's Champion Ballers) - with other teams, as friendlies or as competition matches.

Or maybe I've been listening to my husband talk about his BloodBowl league too much.

Elminster_cs
08.16.2014 , 01:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
People also want to face different players who are as good or better than they are..
Nope, this is not the real problem. The main problem is that on PvE servers is near to impossible to even queue, and if you queue the rank difference is too high, people get boring of loose and never joing again after a short time.
This is the actual situation

Actually on PvE server ranked is dead.
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

AxeDragoneth
08.16.2014 , 02:48 PM | #15
Quote:
Cross-server, or some other options (something like arena only server to which transferring would be free)?
* Answer was that it is not people really wanting cross-server, they just want queues to pop on a regular basis (which is true, most people would not give a rat's behind about cross servers if queue were popping all the time). So the PvP team is trying to figure out way to get more people to play ranked content (and other types of content, naturally).
This is false. The main reason we do want cross-server is because the ELO system doesnt work with such small player pools. Most of us couldn't give a "rat's behind" about fast pops so long as the matchups are consistently even.

@above: It is the real problem, as is your issue. They're all valid reasons.
Rahc - Powertech | Vanguard - Paipear
S1 All Star, S2: All Galaxy Powertech
TRP - JC -The Bastion

Darth_Wicked
08.18.2014 , 06:44 AM | #16
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.