Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Halinalle
08.14.2014 , 01:05 PM | #4371
Is this also happening on other servers? Or is this just The Progenitor thing?

I've been leveling my carnage Mara during last few days and of course abusing XP boost "easy" KDY gives. Mostly great groups but...

In one of the groups everything was going fine until one of the members dc'd and got kicked. We were at bonus boss so we decided to try it, all 3 of us because leader refused to requeue. Carnage... I got a lot of hits during that fight. One of the members probably got knocked to other group of mobs and aggro them. I had to Force Camo at last possible moment to survive but I didn't know about those other mobs on left. So, I died pretty much instantly when they got to me. Everyone died, one of the members left the group after that. Leader still refused to requeue. I have to quit too because there's no way to kick this leader who also left. So, that was that group. One name to ignore list.

TL;DR
- One guy quits after dying
- Leader who doesn't know how to requeue

Few minutes later I got new GF pop and... one of the members from previous group is there (same guy who left after dying to elite + 2 standards). As soon as I get there this guy quits. We get replacement and what a fun run it was: sorcerer and 3 marauders. Awesome group even though sometimes a bit of chaos!
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level 4
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P)

Dras_Keto
08.14.2014 , 06:32 PM | #4372
Three flashpoints on my lowbie sentinel. Three vanguards who thought they were commandos. Three more added to the list....

jjmartin
08.14.2014 , 06:40 PM | #4373
Lowbie Mando Raiders, a level 24 instance.

I haven't leveled a healer in a while, and although my main is a commando I figured I'd do a merc, just to see the story. Generally I do the flashpoint daily and that's it, double back for class missions when I've dinged a few levels.

Groupfinder pops and it's me healing, Jugg tank, Assassin dps and MARAUDER.

Trash Before First Boss

MARAUDER wants to up the degree of difficulty and pulls an extra pack during one fight. "Ok, no prob. You want to skill check me, I got this."

MARAUDER doesn't believe in out of combat healing.

MARAUDER does believe in starting each encounter. To his credit, the Jugg was in tanking stance but i don't think realized the problem here.

Boss with the Two Dogs

MARAUDER and the other two players leap to the middle. I'm not sure who the boss has aggro on, but it doesn't really matter as all three of the hostile mobs and all three of our melee are stacked in a juicy red circle of death.

Every now and then one or both of the dogs will aggro to me, which is actually an improvement as it gets them away from the boss. The Assassin is kind enough to notice and walks over to poke the dogs occasionallly when this happens.

Our melee seem to have decided on dividing the mobs equally between themselves and inserting an interesting pacing mechanic into the fight. All three mobs die within seconds of each other.

Aim legs drop. MARAUDER needs them.

Trash in Corridor

There's five mobs in the pack: 2 melee and 3 ranged. Each dps (let's be honest, there's no tanking occuring) picks a ranged and moves down the corridor to engage them.

The two melee mobs beeline it for me like I'm the hottest thing since N'SYNC. I stand there facetanking while our dps whack away. Eventually they kill the ranged mobs, but since they're now further up the corridor and not interested in turning around (MARAUDERS dont retreat) none of them notice I'm still getting attacked.

It takes about 20 seconds for one of them to finally figure this out, and again my friend the Assassin is kind enough to come kill the mobs that are all over my ***. Seriously, I stood there healing through this for 20 seconds.

As we continue *every* mob, even ones blatantly out of our line of travel must be engaged, by MARAUDER who has a thirst for digital blood.

Convo Screen

Right before this the Jugg disconnects. While waiting I'm curious so i check achievements. Yup, both on their first toon.

Eventually the Assassin gets around to vote-kicking the afk player, MARAUDER agrees. I pull out Mako and off we go through more trash. Right before the last boss we get a replacement who decides he doesn't want to walk all the way through the instance and leaves.

No prob, Mako it is.

Turret Boss

I type something like "when turrets spawn kill them, ignore the boss."

MARAUDER leaps. Boss goes to first turrets. Assassin switches to a turret, but MARAUDER can't be bothered to attack some dinky robot when there's a real live Mandolorian there to be butchered.

MARAUDER follows the boss around the room, aggro'ing every set of turrets. Assassin and I die on the second set.

By the time Assassin and I get back after respawning MARAUDER has Vette out.

I try again with the 'turrets first' communication. Seems to go better, MARAUDER acknowledges and confirms receipt of this information.

However, on the first set of turrets MARAUDER again stays on the boss.

Lines of text spring from my fingers:

Code:
-turret
-attack the turret
-stop
-turret
I will concede that this isn't terribly clear, but I'm a bad panic typer.

It works! MARAUDER is now willing to lower himself to attacking the turrets. However, by the time this goes through the second set have spawned and are shooting us from across the room.

We're making better progress now, the problem is that Vette is still targeting the boss and the third set pop up early.
Code:
-vette
-switch vette's target
This is obviously some sort of witchcraft and is dutifully ignored by MARAUDER.

Somehow we all survive and boss dies. 2 aim pieces drop, MARAUDER recognizes my efforts by allowing me to Need on them sucessfully.

Thanks for saving my bacon Assassin buddy. You're gonna go far.
Jai'Bee

Halinalle
08.14.2014 , 09:48 PM | #4374
Quote: Originally Posted by jjmartin View Post
MARAUDER leaps. Boss goes to first turrets. Assassin switches to a turret, but MARAUDER can't be bothered to attack some dinky robot when there's a real live Mandolorian there to be butchered.
Platinum > silver

DPS should always focus fire turrets in last boss fight because there isn't enough time before next turrets spawn.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level 4
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P)

Elusive_Thing
08.15.2014 , 12:23 AM | #4375
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Platinum > silver

DPS should always focus fire turrets in last boss fight because there isn't enough time before next turrets spawn.
Unless you are a Marauder and you have group members to inspire with your heroics. Someone has to show the riffraff how the real fighting is done. The Marauder just overestimated the Assassin's (who has but a single lightsaber)
ability to deal with the turrets while he was busy creating a new song for bards to sing for ages to come.

BobFredJohn
08.15.2014 , 09:36 AM | #4376
There seems to be afew people on this thread making the same mistake, let me clarify.

You seem to assume the mara is just another player, it isn't. A mara is a deity having time off, hence why they have 2 lightsabers. The mechanics of the game and trinity group do not apply to maras, for they are above the standard of mere mortals.

Hope that clarifies the issue.
Imp: Vehird - Edekzun - Zathar - Sketkhit

Rep: Arraken - Nemida - Xiannagne - Jutwor

BigBreakfast
08.15.2014 , 09:50 AM | #4377
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Hence his post...

EranofArcadia
08.15.2014 , 10:10 AM | #4378
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
You seem to assume the mara is just another player, it isn't. A mara is a deity having time off, hence why they have 2 lightsabers. The mechanics of the game and trinity group do not apply to maras, for they are above the standard of mere mortals.
Half the stories in this thread were added by people who don't understand that basic, self-evident fact.
The Nera Legacy - BC

DalekTheCat
08.15.2014 , 03:19 PM | #4379
Last night I was doing KDY on my 55 jugg because... I don't know, actually. Apparently I hate my life or something.

Things went pretty well, and we even successfully convinced one player that they didn't need to do all the bonuses because we don't get squat at 55. (Why is this even available at 55?)

Then we got to Starship Assembly. I told the group I could do the puzzle. Operative ignores this claim and immediately does the puzzle herself, deliberately incorrectly, without consulting the clues.

While we were enjoying killing the six champion spawns who stun you and drop jack poop, I asked why she had done this. Her reply was that it was faster this way. She went on to explain that she was a KDY veteran who had been doing this for five months, and she had solid evidence to back up her position that fighting needlessly was quicker than just doing the puzzle right to begin with, because most people never get it right anyway.

I asked her why, after five months, she had not yet bothered to learn how to do the puzzle, as this would seem to be the easiest solution to her problems. She responded that I should shut up, and then magically wound up on my /ignore list.

Why.

Why would anyone not want to make KDY less painful for themselves, even if they don't care about other people?

lazyax
08.15.2014 , 05:31 PM | #4380
ok I have one: I am on my guardian tank. I que for HM lvl 55 HM. que pops, we get cz meltdown. Everyone says their "hellos" and I am thinking its a friendly group. Everything is fine, till we get to the Sand Dune Claw boss. Almost every time I do this boss I am the first to get to the generator nodes, idk how I do but I do. The dps are needlessly still pummling on the boss without moving to node. I taunt, the boss finally comes over to the node, with some difficulty because the dps are still putting out full dps on the boss during the drag to node. The healer is having a rough time because of this. we wipe. Second round. Same thing, except one of the dps says "taunt" before I even get to the node. I politely explain that if I taunt before I get to the node the beast will jump to me and immediately do the smash attack, which we dont want, and for the dps to use threat drops. The dps that said "taunt' says "WHAT? I have never heard of that...." I realize this isnt going to work out, so I exit the instance.