Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Empire of the Phoenix is hosting a Bounty Hunt!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
Empire of the Phoenix is hosting a Bounty Hunt!

Phyreblade
08.13.2014 , 03:29 PM | #11
Ah, and I was so much in a good mood after watching various trailers from Gamescom today, too. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm not sure you and I are going to actually agree on the logic behind what it takes to acquire in-game funds for a guild. Since we're making an effort to coordinate the event, we didn't think asking an entry fee that would go towards the announced prize and/or recoup expenses after the release of 2.9 was completely beyond the pale, anyway. There's certainly no obligation to participate, mind you.

The rest of us will be having fun! I'll even post a video to highlight the best parts!

If you're interested in learning more about our guild, feel free to consider my videos, links to our guild forums, and/or talk in-game to any one of our members or officers at any time. We're certainly not hard to find, hehe. That, and we're keen on having fun and providing our members support in any game adventure they're focused on, from casual and more hardcore operations runs to weekly guild night events to pvp confrontations galore!

Thanks for your interest in our upcoming Bounty Hunt event, and good luck in all your in-game adventures! Hope to see you around!
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

Bonezmccoy
08.20.2014 , 11:07 AM | #12
So what if it's a money-raising entertainment event...

What is a concert? A money raising entertainment event.
What is a movie? A money raising entertainment event.
What is a play? Do you sense a theme here?

Maybe having an interactive event is somehow different?

What is a murder mystery weekend?
What is a LARP?

The long and short of it - it's an event that sounds like fun. If it were at a better time (because my kids are in bed at 9, until then I my time is their time), I would be there. To me, it's worth the money because if I equate it to what I'd pay IRL for something, vs the time I have to work to earn it, it's chump change. Even with the sub fee, it's chump change.
A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. Unless there are purples involved. Then it's totally OK.
- Excerpt from "The Jedi Code, SWTOR Edition"

Mistiquez
08.25.2014 , 03:34 PM | #13
How did this go?? I want the details!
Zuna (Sniper), Dirty'probes (Operative)
<Bolstered Ego>
"The name's Dirty'probes, but just call me Dirty -- the probes are silent."

Phyreblade
08.25.2014 , 03:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistiquez View Post
How did this go?? I want the details!
Timing was bad, with so many of us focused on Conquest. We're rescheduling for a later date, so keep an eye out!

Lotharofxev
08.25.2014 , 04:28 PM | #15
With all due respect, (now that you have your guild ship), you might want to lower your entry fee and ensure that all winners come from outside the guild.

Phyreblade
08.26.2014 , 09:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lotharofxev View Post
With all due respect, (now that you have your guild ship), you might want to lower your entry fee and ensure that all winners come from outside the guild.
The event was originally designed for our guild members, rather. We opened it up to non-guild members, yes. But I wouldn't feel comfortable denying guildies the chance to participate, actually. Thanks for your interest!

MASOLIZ
08.30.2014 , 11:02 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
The event was originally designed for our guild members, rather. We opened it up to non-guild members, yes. But I wouldn't feel comfortable denying guildies the chance to participate, actually. Thanks for your interest!
Good luck with it guys, don't see the prob with the fee esp when ppl have been asking for bounties on players and here is a guild willing to organize it fee or not. But not everyone will agree on everything so blehh
Rordum Rordrum Rordoom Tri'bobo Ro'r
Exiled then Banished