Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should I drop scavenging at 400?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Should I drop scavenging at 400?

Morbidheresy
12.25.2011 , 11:10 PM | #1
I am an armormech and plan to stay as one in hopes that it will pan out. I am also a slicer, which is what i use my companions for. My question is, even if I wasn't slicing, scavenging missions at some point will become useless (more or less) won't they? After I cap armor mech, I will need only small quantities of ore to craft, which I can easily purchase on AH, whereas I will need underworld trading for rare materials. I suppose I could trade scavenge materials for the ones I actually need from underworld, but that is trickier.
Thoughts?

Unaki
12.25.2011 , 11:12 PM | #2
They won't become useless. Trust me on this one. That is like saying a Blacksmith will only need ingots until he hits his peak, then he can create anything out of nothing.
JAWA PUNTERS
Corellian Run <Republic> Raiding Guild
Official Site - Recruitment

Morbidheresy
12.25.2011 , 11:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
They won't become useless. Trust me on this one. That is like saying a Blacksmith will only need ingots until he hits his peak, then he can create anything out of nothing.
No, but lets say I need to craft a new piece of epic armor. Its going to take what, somewhere between 6 and 10 of a metal. Do I really want to keep scavenging just so I don't have to buy some ore real quick off AH?

KetMalice
12.25.2011 , 11:20 PM | #4
If you want to try and RE anything ever...you will need Scavenging...just drop slicing. Level 50 items can go like this-Green to blue RE 30 attempts-Blue to purple RE 70 attempts. 100 attempts for a purple item at 6 of each resources, you need 600 of each resources.

Got it?